WE NEED A NEW DRAGNIGHT!!

03DOHC

Established Member
Track rental is like 10 grand. From what I've been told the Test and Tune days are prepped the best you will ever see on the west coast, but it costs 100 bucks. You don't want to come up right now, it's hot as hell. A little bit more and it'll start to cool off some.

Unfortunately my pad is a small condo. It's also 100 miles from sacramento, so it's a trip to get there, especially through the traffic.

If you guys come up I know a minimum of 6 people that would go and we could easily drum up more peeps.

stang99

$100 for test and tune days? Holy big price to run, BatMan! Test and tune at LACR is only $20, which is $5 more than grudge nights, and they do prep the track better for test and tune. $10000 to rent the track? Damn! I knew that the Bay Area and Nor Cal were expensive, but that's at least 6 times what it costs to rent LACR for 1/2 a day.
I guess that slow times and all the heat/wind/dust/altitude that you want can come at a discount price.
Back in my college days, up to 40 people could crash in a small condo, so you are not safe yet.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
$100 for test and tune days? Holy big price to run, BatMan! Test and tune at LACR is only $20, which is $5 more than grudge nights, and they do prep the track better for test and tune. $10000 to rent the track? Damn! I knew that the Bay Area and Nor Cal were expensive, but that's at least 6 times what it costs to rent LACR for 1/2 a day.
I guess that slow times and all the heat/wind/dust/altitude that you want can come at a discount price.
Back in my college days, up to 40 people could crash in a small condo, so you are not safe yet.
$100 for TnT, but they VHT the ENTIRE track every 2 hours, or something like that.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
daaaaaaaaamn, 100 bucks? for that much i better be able to buy an 11second timeslip. ;-)
I'll post on a local board to get more info and get back to you guys.

stang99

Better organizers than I will have to work this possible event out. It would be nice if the NorCal and SoCal drag racers could stage a shootout at Sac in the cooler weather with great track prep. I figure that the SoCal guys would stomp the NorCal guys because after we figured out what to do with traction and HP, we'd be mightly well prepared to run hard what with our training on the ice rinks at LACR and Carlsbad. But, that's just my opinion, and, I am usually wrong when it comes to going faster at the track.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Venomous Prick
Another alternative. Fomoso Dragway in Bakersfield.

Word has it, it hooks like a mad dog, although i havent had a chance to go there yet myself. Waiting for it to cool down.

:eek: 100 per pop. Damn they must make pretty good money at the track :D

Hum Fomoso does sound better :beer:

stang99

Famoso does hook better and I went 12.443 and 12.49 there which are my best ever ET's off of average 60' times of about 2.0.
But, the NorCal guys already passed up the SVT event last April at Famoso as being too far away from the Bay Area. Us SoCal owners are apparently much more willing to drive places than our BART/cars are evil Northern brethren :lol: :lol: :lol:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
The drive to FAMOSO is not a big deal. There are some good times waiting for us if the track is prepped. I think that was the first place Dean popped into the 11s.
I'm up for a run up there.
JW

stang99

Famoso does not have too many open days per year. From their web site I grabbed September because it actually has two T&T days. Sept 5 is a Friday night as is Sept 19. I have no idea what the action is like on a Friday night at Famoso but Sept 19 could be a possibility (if I still have an 03 at that point).

Famoso:

SEPTEMBER
5 Open Test & Tune 6:00 PM
6 Jr. Dragster Series #8 is also Castrol GTX Jr. race 9:00 AM
19 Open Test & Tune 6:00 PM
20 "TEAM FAMOSO (Summit, High School & Jr.'s)" 9:00 AM
"Racer Appreciation Awards, BBQ & King of the Track "

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Did you guys see one of the responses in the thread on californiafords.com in the thread I started about running at Sacramento Raceway?

Yes -- and thanks 03DOHC We need to figure this all out. Watch for smoke coming out of our ears as we attempt to think.
Plus, looking at his latest 2-3 posts, Tetge, one of our chief instigators seems to be on a down cycle. :lol:

He's threatening to sell the 03 -- after all the fun we have had. :nono:

JW

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by jhwalker
Yes -- and thanks 03DOHC We need to figure this all out. Watch for smoke coming out of our ears as we attempt to think.
Plus, looking at his latest 2-3 posts, Tetge, one of our chief instigators seems to be on a down cycle. :lol:

He's threatening to sell the 03 -- after all the fun we have had. :nono:

JW
He's just barking. Remember what he said when he removed the pulley and stuff? Pulley was back on in a few weeks.:thumbsup: Hopefully he doesn't do anything drastic though.:(

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Sac sounds great. Did that thread say the altitude?
Lately we have had good prep at LACR, but there is no way to solve that 2710 altitude problem at LACR.

We continue to yak about this, something will shape up soon.
JW

stang99

I had a number of Margaritas and then drove my broken car over to a friend's house where I had some #10 Tank gin, and then i drove home. All I can say is that since everyone's car are obviously faster than mine, it must be some kind of seriously intense stuff to ride/drive in their cars. Cause. my car is now experiencing traction problems that it never seemed to have prior to my latest simple mod. It does pay to have a serious pulley tool at your command. Anyway, with a TOB that is screaming, my car shifts at the speed of light and lunghes forword like a MF at all speeds. Too bad they do not sell these Margaritias at the strip since they seem to hone in my shifting. The Cobra obviously rewards a sensitive touch on the controls and a relaxed approach to the driving. It takes some sophistication to acheive this driving state, or a few dozen Margritas. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread