WANTED: WBT 2013 or 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible.

MustangSteve1965

Established Member

Attachments

• Shelby Driveway.jpg
    Shelby Driveway.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Shelby Driveway2.jpg
    Shelby Driveway2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 57

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
Some pics of the Shelby! Beautiful car!
So here is the list of slight mods the car has. Trying to confirm if this is all of them but all I know so far. Seems pretty minor.

Whipple CAI
Whipple Twin 68MM TB
Metco 2.40" Supercharger Pulley
Metco Auxiliary Idler Kit
ARS Belt Tensioner
MGW Shifter
NGK Spark Plugs

Anyone know if someone would/should do something in addition to the above? What kind of modest power gains I should expect?

Thank you in advance!

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
So here is the list of slight mods the car has. Trying to confirm if this is all of them but all I know so far. Seems pretty minor.

Whipple CAI
Whipple Twin 68MM TB
Metco 2.40" Supercharger Pulley
Metco Auxiliary Idler Kit
ARS Belt Tensioner
MGW Shifter
NGK Spark Plugs

Anyone know if someone would/should do something in addition to the above? What kind of modest power gains I should expect?

Thank you in advance!

to echo what @COOL COBRA said. In addition, for piece of mind I always get the tune verified before consistently hanging in the boost levels. Compression check I usually do before buying a car or at a minimum, prior to adding more mods; piece of mind. I would track down a guy named Lidio for tuning in your region

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
to echo what @COOL COBRA said. In addition, for piece of mind I always get the tune verified before consistently hanging in the boost levels. Compression check I usually do before buying a car or at a minimum, prior to adding more mods; piece of mind. I would track down a guy named Lidio for tuning in your region
Ah yes, Alternative Auto Performance!

Good recommendation and thank you!

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Good idea to have him check it and also put it on the dyno.

I'm not looking to add any major modifications (famous last words), but I'm curious what it's pushing out right now. Probably not much more than stock?

Did you get a handheld device with the car? Physically taking it to a dyno (or remote tuning) should net you some additional hp.

Trust me when I say this, if Lidio does 3:73 gear installs, do it and thank me later

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
With those mods you should be near 700 to the tire. Most 13/14 cars dyno’d at 590ish stock. Speaking of tire, what’s on the rear? 700 RWHP is no joke. I’m not sure of your history with performance cars but be careful & make sure you’ve got plenty of room or bad things can happen.

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
With those mods you should be near 700 to the tire. Most 13/14 cars dyno’d at 590ish stock. Speaking of tire, what’s on the rear? 700 RWHP is no joke. I’m not sure of your history with performance cars but be careful & make sure you’ve got plenty of room or bad things can happen.
Yes, my buddy has a stock 14 convertible, and my car seems faster.

The tires are brand new Nitto nt555 g2s. Looking them up, they seem to be pretty good tires.

Definitely taking it easy as I get used to the power.

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
Yes, my buddy has a stock 14 convertible, and my car seems faster.

The tires are brand new Nitto nt555 g2s. Looking them up, they seem to be pretty good tires.

Definitely taking it easy as I get used to the power.

Attachments

• 0b7f442128ef46d8999d26f1c3cc0a16.jpg
    0b7f442128ef46d8999d26f1c3cc0a16.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 45
  • a2c662f60496456f8deed43dabc34d68.jpg
    a2c662f60496456f8deed43dabc34d68.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 43

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
Did you get a handheld device with the car? Physically taking it to a dyno (or remote tuning) should net you some additional hp.

Trust me when I say this, if Lidio does 3:73 gear installs, do it and thank me later
Didn't come with a handheld. Yes, Lidio has a very good reputation. I remember reading about him back when I had my Fox Body 5.0s.

Users who are viewing this thread