Wavetrac?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
yes i want to try one next. i love my detroit trutrac, and my diff shop was talking up the wavetrac as even better when they were first coming out for our cars. i just picked up another terminator, and i will want to do up the wavetrac and 4:10 gears :rockon:

AMB

Established Member
Wavetrac

The Wavetrac doesn't FIT the Cobra IRS yet. They need to machine a bevel on the inner gear flange so you can remove the axles. I have been waithing about a year for them to do it! :shrug:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Wait, I just got two different answers? Unless P49Y-CY isn't running the IRS?

that is correct i am not currently running it in my irs.

i thought that it was released for our cars within the past year or so, but i could be mistaken. there were a couple of threads over on modfords about it too, but they might have been referring to 8.8 sra's

i will email my driveline guy to find out for sure if it is available. he was really talking it up when they built my current 3.73 setup last august

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
here is the email i just got back from unitrax:

Yes, the All-American designed and manufactured Wavetrac is available for your 31-spline 8.8" IRS differential. The Wavetrac sells for $850.00. The benefit off the Wavetrac is that it is stronger (9310 metal) than the Truretrac, it attempts to keep torque across the gears at all times, recovers loss load, and it offers a lifetime warranty.

Please contact us if you have any questions.

this shop specializes in drivelines for all makes, and does alot of sports car performance work. overall i have been happy with them, and think they have good info.

amb can you elaborate as to your info that it would need further machining for our irs as opposed to 8.8 sra? if you can provide some more detais, i can research further.

thx

shurur

Established Member
that is correct i am not currently running it in my irs.

i thought that it was released for our cars within the past year or so, but i could be mistaken. there were a couple of threads over on modfords about it too, but they might have been referring to 8.8 sra's

i will email my driveline guy to find out for sure if it is available. he was really talking it up when they built my current 3.73 setup last august

I've got a stock 99 with the trutrac in it and probably will never need anything else..but this looks awesome for the higher power terminators with IRS and such...And priced less than the torsens...stronger good price points...
I can't wait to hear how folks are liking these!! God I love this stuff.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I've got a stock 99 with the trutrac in it and probably will never need anything else..but this looks awesome for the higher power terminators with IRS and such...And priced less than the torsens...stronger good price points...

oh yeah i bet the tru trac would be more than adequate enough for like 99% of us. i think alot of gt500 guys are running some very fast times in the quarter with the tru trac, so the wavetrac would probably be overkill. but i would be willing to try it. i just took my new blue car (stock) out for one of the first drives to work, and going up the driveway i got the "one wheel peel". makes me wanna do 4:10's and a wavetrac!! (or another tru trac)

now i am more confused than ever amb! unless i am mistaken that link doesn't mention anything about the wavetrac, and it looks like info from 2003 (?)

i don't think the latest version of the tru trac wasn't even ready for our cars until like 2006 or 2007

racebronco2

Established Member

Are you saying the wav-trac is less then the tr2? Aren't the tr2's around 650.00?

AMB

Established Member
Wavetrac

Wavetrac has the same problem that the True-Trac, Trac-Tec and Torsen had, when they FIRST came out. You COULD NOT get the axles out of the side gears, after you installed them. You have to cut a 45* tapper on the side gears, so the axles will come out. :thumbsup:

AMB

Established Member
Wavetrac P/N

P/N: 56.309.182WK on INVOICE; Description: LTD SLIP, 8.8X31 NON C-CLIP AXLE. :banana:

AMB

Established Member
Wavetrac

DocB: In what way did it NOT fit the IRS? Where did you buy it from? I bought mine dirrect from AUTOTECH !!! :shrug:

AMB

Established Member
Wavetrac

I called AUTOTECH today; They said he got the WRONG PART from the vender!!! You need to get the CORRECT PART from AUTOTECH!!! P/N: 56.309.182WK Discription: LTD SLIP,8X31 NON C-CLIP AXLE. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread