Watts link for street use

fuelforfire87

Established Member
So i ended up ordering a whiteline watts link earlier this year over memorial day and got a good deal on it. One of the main reasons i got it was because i have a pair of 18x11 forgestars with 305 tires i want to run on the rear of the car and dont want to worry about the rim or tires rubbing the inner fender. Also i figure while it is mainly a handling mod, it will also help my car leave straighter when launching since the rear axle is always centered. For anyone running a watts link on the street, is there a noticable difference in handling or when launching the car? I was waiting to get my rear end built before i installed it but now that i have the car back i am debating on whether or not i should install it or just leave it as is. Car already has full suspension in the rear (uca, lca's with relocation brackets, sway bar, adjustable panhard bar with brace, lowering springs, shocks, etc).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Fapacaulk

rwleonard

Established Member
I don't launch much, but I do believe my BMR Watts Link has made the rear end less skittish on bumps, particularly in turns. I would think it helpful if you are looking to fill a fender well as full as possible, too. I have 305's on 20x10.5 's on the back of my '13 with no rubbing, either on the street or road courses. I am on FRPP L springs, so lowered a little. BTW, I got the all rod-end Watts Link. It was dead quiet, for a while. It creaks and pops a lot now, FWIW. Hope some of this is helpful.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Thanks for the info. Helping make the rear end more stable when going over bumps was another thing i was looking to improve.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Fapacaulk

fuelforfire87

Established Member
One thing I really like about the whiteline watts link is that it has the load bolts that brace the bearing caps like on the ford racing diff cover. So you don't have to worry about launching hard at the drag strip and it will handle better if you want to road course or Auto-X.

KBBoss302

Established Member
Watts link is the single best thing I have done to my Boss in terms of helping keep the rear axle planted and consistent feeling. And I had already done UCA/LCA/PHB/KW coilover stuff. The billet aluminum Fays Watts link finally made the rear end feel right.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I echo the BMR comments above - holy hell what an improvement when you hit bumps mid-turn. I can’t speak for the launch - I’m still on street tires - car still doesn’t hook. :).

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I'm running the BMR watts link and it is a huge night and day difference over a panhard bar. Rear end stays centered and predictable. And the ability to play with the rear roll center really helps when playing on varying types of roads. Definitely a MUST HAVE for these 3 link rear ends.

Users who are viewing this thread