Watson Roll Bar

kbroush

Established Member
Does anyone here have the Watson roll bar installed in their Boss? I was looking at the Maximum Motorsport one but for the slightly higher price I can but the Watson unit and install it without welding or painting it. Thanks.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I just had it installed in my car this past August and it fits like a glove. Am 100% satisfied with the quality fit and finish. Send me a pm with your cell # and I'll text you some pics.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Yes it does. but you knew that already :coolman:

FYI my friend has the MM rollbar and he is not happy with the fit, finish, and installation.

Last edited:

Para81

Established Member
Only bar I would put in a Boss is the Cooltech LLC roll bar. I've got one one in my garage now, need to find an installer when I get some time.

F.D.Sako

Established Member
From what I remember, the cooltech bar would not pass scca or nasa rules because of the bent rear bars... but for DE's, it probably won't matter. I believe Watson racing also builds the 302s/r cages.

OP, check out this thread for some more info, if you haven't seen it already.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
From what I remember, the cooltech bar would not pass scca or nasa rules because of the bent rear bars... but for DE's, it probably won't matter. I believe Watson racing also builds the 302s/r cages.

Watson builds the entire 302s' and cobra jets. When I was there in August they had a room full of body in whites, and they were waiting on their first 2015 bodies

Grant808

Established Member

clicky
This one is a related how-to where there are a lot of useful install pics.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I drove my car to Detroit, dropped it off at Watson, flew home, and went back a week later with a friend in his car to pick it up, and we stayed the week for the Woodward Dream Cruise, then both drove back. It was a great time :beer:

dmichaels

Established Member
Anyone interested in a group buy of the Watson roll bar for 2011-2014 Mustang? I'm looking to buy and they offer $715 vs $845 if 2 people purchase...

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Does anyone here have the Watson roll bar installed in their Boss? I was looking at the Maximum Motorsport one but for the slightly higher price I can but the Watson unit and install it without welding or painting it. Thanks.

This is a complete no brainer. Watson>MM. /thread.

dmichaels

Established Member
It should not matter where shipped to - every person has to pay for shipping, the cost of the roll bar comes down because producing 2 or more is easier for production.

Talked with them today about powder coating. They don't offer it for single pieces, as they do it on their production line. Would have to have it done separately.

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
I wish I could get one in my car I would be totally in... glass roof problems..

Users who are viewing this thread