Waterless/Rinseless wash for coating

5.0Black

Established Member
Hi Everyone,

Perhaps it is the ash that is falling outside, or being a little more bored than usual with quarantine still, but I am kind of eager to try out a waterless/rinseless wash. The main reason why I am open to trying a waterless wash is to not replace traditional washing, but to have an alternative method. I figure this could be help for removing compound dust from buffing, for quick clean ups when the car isn't necessarily soiled (touch up after a week of driving or heavier dust removal), or even a way to clean in colder months (once we move again and that becomes a problem). I was curious if you find waterless washes are worth it, and if so what do you use on ceramic/sealant vehicles?
All my cars are treated in Gtechniq CSL+ EXO and one is in CSU. I use Gtechniq G wash and C2 as a sacrificial layer every few months. I own their QD spray. It works well for a light dusting or drying aid after a wash to remove anything light that was left over. My understanding is that QD is for very light work and that waterless/rinseless washes can tackle more safely. I am curious what your thoughts are on product for a ceramic treated vehicle that often enough receives C2 as a topper? If it isn't worth it for me in my case then that is fine, I just want to be sure either way.

96gt02

Established Member
I use Americana Global mystic waterless wash on my coated cars, two are ceramic pro, and one is CSU, works fantastic and really makes them super slick again like the ceramic was just applied.

5.0Black

Established Member

That is pretty cool, though it may make my metro blaster a little obsolete lol. The main issue I have right now is space, so I will look into the dimensions.

I use Americana Global mystic waterless wash on my coated cars, two are ceramic pro, and one is CSU, works fantastic and really makes them super slick again like the ceramic was just applied.

Thank you! I will do some research on them. Good to know it works well with CSU.

Rinseless: ONR. (Optimum No Rinse) Can't beat it!!

Waterless: I've used ONR in WW ratio and McKee's37 N914 (very nice stuff).

Thank you! ONR was one of the products that popped up a lot in this area during my research. Do you have a preference on treated cars between McKee's N914 and ONR? Is WW WoWo's ratio?

Last edited:

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I got started and fell in love with ONR but have transitioned to Duragloss 932 with aquawax for rinseless washing. I prefer DG932 and Mckees 914 over ONR, they both leave the grime in the bucket with the wash water leaving my wash mit clean. With the ONR my mit would be filthy, thats really the only reason I left it for DG 932 or MK 914.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
^^^I will give DG a shot sometime!

5.0 Black:
WW = waterless wash. No preference. I tend to use ONR more for rinseless and McKee's more for waterless.

5.0Black

Established Member
Thank you for the response everyone! I am going to pick up McKee's 914 and give it a go. I may try Aermicana and ONR as well to do a little comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread