Water Temps / WTF

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
OK, i got my car back from the dealer on monday :beer: Well Long Story made very short i decided to check the Water Temps on my car due to what i saw on the Coolent Resevoir.

Doing the Tach/Diagnostic Test this is what i found.
Car runs at 85 - 88C which is ( 88C = 190.4F ) and i was o.k. with that ( my 03 Cobra never ran that hot ).

Now the threads gets more interesting (hopefully)

I decided to just park the car in front of the Garage before parking it for the night.
Temps were at 89C by the time i got to the Garage Door....as i sit idle temps were just going non stop.
89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ( :confused: ),
96 ( :eek: ),
97 ( :( ),
98 ( :shrug: ),
99 ( :nonono: ),
100 ( :sleeping: ),
101 ( :cuss: ),
102 ( :rolleyes: ).....Finally the freaking FAN TURNS ON!!!!!

FOLKS 102C = 215F

Oh the Temps do drop but if ur going to be stuck in a STOP & GO Traffic situation.....your temps wont drop lower then 93C = 199.4F.

FUDGY THAT YOU KNOW?

Got the FIX right here.

http://socalterminators.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=35776

Its Pretty much FREE, EASY and Simplest solution :rockon:

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by ZincDude
Cool!!:thumbsup: I don't understand why you just did not run an a/c vent to the motor?:shrug::-D

:lol: Jerk!

U should be happy i dont use u to cool my car off :kaboom:

Dude u should do this Greg....especially if ur towing ur Jet Skies!

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Something else you can do... if you don't want to wire a switch... is you can just turn your A/C on... and then immediately OFF. This cycles the Fan for 15 seconds. Which works great if you find yourself in stop & go traffic...

Not as nice as having full control... but definitely easy to kick the fan on HIGH for 15 seconds at a time! You can also do this in staging lanes etc... between runs! ;)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Dave Schotz
Something else you can do... if you don't want to wire a switch... is you can just turn your A/C on... and then immediately OFF. This cycles the Fan for 15 seconds. Which works great if you find yourself in stop & go traffic...

Not as nice as having full control... but definitely easy to kick the fan on HIGH for 15 seconds at a time! You can also do this in staging lanes etc... between runs! ;)

Thanks for the 411 :beer:

Got back from the track last night and having the option to just circulate a cooler water was nice ;)

Freedom to do so is sweet :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread