Water Spot/Detail Rant...

BLK_03

Established Member
So I detailed the hell out of the car for WFC. Clayed/ssr2.5/optimum polish/s100 twice... the works.

She was looking great.

Car sat overnight one night and it rained that night. I quick detail the car off, and there are water spots all over the hood! Very frustrating.

I have since removed them and it required the whole process again, starting with the ssr2.5.

I don't get it... Is it because I used S100? I figured a quality wax would prevent water spots... at least for a few weeks... What happened?

mustanginky

Established Member
well i cant get the freakin water spots off my car, i used 2.5/orange, then 1/white then wax, and just doesnt do the trick. it knocked the rough edges off it, but you can still see them in the light. sux because i got such a pretty colored car and up close it looks like pooh

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
Why spotty?

THe thing is, Carnuba waxes tend to bead water where a great synthetic product (like BlackFire...which can be found at www.blackfireusa.com ) creates a slicker surface that causes the water to slide off of the surface....
It's true! :-D

Last edited:

BLK_03

Established Member
Oceanedge said:
THe thing is, Carnuba waxes tend to bead water where a great synthetic product (like BlackFire...which can be found at www.blackfireusa.com ) creates a slicker surface that causes the water to slide off of the surface....
It's true! :-D

What are you talking about ? lol

BLK_03

Established Member
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
Hey BLK_03, I'm not sure either. The water must be very hard water I guess... :shrug:

Yeah I dunno.

I was very dissapointed after all the hard work I put into it. Maybe S100 isn't what I should be using...

Anybody else?

Users who are viewing this thread