Water methanol help

Wfc2009

Established Member
I am going to have to run water methanol injection in my car bc I'll be 11.5ish compression and around 10lbs of boost. So I'm lookin for input on what kits ppl are using. I found a kit that seem to be exactly what I need Its te devilsown progressive stage 2 kit has anyone used this and of so what do u think of it. I need one that will start spraying at low boost like 2-3psi and full blast by around 6-7lbs.

MattACK

Established Member
You'll probably be better off using a MAF based progressive controller rather than boost reference. Boost can come on very suddenly depending on RPM and load which may bog the motor for a moment.

On my Lightning I run a Alcohol Injection Systems kit with a Sow Performance progressive controller. The controller allows me to adjust at what MAF voltage I want the pump to kick on and at what voltage to go 100%. It allows a lot more adjustability based on how much air your motor pulls in rather than simply how much air is crammed in your motor. You'd probably benefit from this more with your high compression because it'll give you a little more wiggle room before hitting the detonation threshold. You'll have to play with which nozzle size suits you best, but you'll be happy with it. As long as you inject the water/meth after your I/C you'll see better results than us positive displacement blower guys.

I'm running a 10:1 compression and have no problems with a 830ml/min nozzle and 25/75 meth/water mix. I know of other guys who are happy with their Devils Own kit, but I prefer the AIS kit because of the 3 gallon reservoir, stainless steel lines, assortment of nozzles, and low level indicator LED.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Alcohol injection systems here also. Great kit for the money, upgrade to stainless lines and the progressive controller. Their trunk mount tank is second to none also

Wfc2009

Established Member
Thanks for the help guys I didn't really know much about the two types of meth injection kits but u cleared alot of that up for me I think ima try the devilsown maf kit with a 2.25 gallon trunk tank. About how long does a tank last on the street?

MattACK

Established Member
Depends on how you have the controller you have set up, nozzle size, and driving habits. You won't really need it daily driving anyway. My lightning doesn't use it unless I'm into the throttle pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread