water marks on black car

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
Ive tried the three stage system from Meguire's and it didnt work. Any other suggestions? Was gonna try the 3M series next...oh yeah, it's on my wife's Accord :shrug:

93Snake

Acid rain etching (waterspots) really suck... sometimes it will not come out unless it's buffed on a rotary or wet-sanded but usually the factory clear coat is to thin. My suggestion is to take a little magnifying glass and check out the spots, if they are raised and look like little bumps you can probably remove them with a good claying, if that doesn't try distilled white vinegar, if that doesn't work and you still want to keep going by yourself at this point I'd recommend purchasing a porter cable 7424, a Red Meguiars cutting pad and Pooorboys Super Swirl Remover (SSR) 2.5 and go at it and they should be much improved anything that doesn't come out after that whole process will have to be removed proffesionally

Last edited by a moderator:

spree

Established Member
hmm...basically here's the pecking order to try to remove em. If #1 doesn't do the trick move on to #2, etc. etc.

1) clay
2) white distilled vinegar
3) polish
4) wetsand

with 1 being the least abbrasive/potentially dangerous, and 4 being the most extreme.

Users who are viewing this thread