Water Filtration

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
My dad has a water softener from Griots garage. I have used it a couple times in the past and liked it. He doesn't leave it attached to the hose all the time to not waste it on other things, and it's lasted a while. It's much more expensive that filter though.

sono

Established Member
Wow, that's a damn cheap solution if it works. The cheapest I've seen is around 75 bucks.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Try it!! I might also. We have really hard water here too. Been trying to find something like this that's easy to attach/unattach to the hose when using my pressure washer.

Hard water & 90+deg. temps don't play well together. I get water spots almost immediately. If this works that'll be a great, cheap solution

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
Yeah, Im in lawton. i moved a few months ago so we've got similar water. its really hard to wash my truck and not get water spots all over the place

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
This one (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-EVO-Premium-RV-Water-Filter/23636871) looks VERY similar to AutoGeeks water filtration system. Less than 1/2 the price too! My only wonder is if it it does the same thing..

AutoGeek: http://www.autogeek.net/waterfilterkit2.html

Looking at this table
29xhzsm.png

..It looks like it doesn't mention much about filtering out Magnesium and Calcium. For either filtration system from that Camco company. The larger one is a 5 micron filtration system though. I would think that would filter out a lot, but maybe water softening is more efficient to remove Mag./Calc. instead of a filter

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
for 10 bucks I think its worth a shot. I'll just hook it directly from the spicket and then the hose to the filter and see how it does. Looks like it does a pretty good job from what you posted

NastyNate420

Established Member
That RV filter is garbage!
I have a Reverse osmosis system that I used.
The RV filtered water has about 200ppm tds
RO system is at 10ppm tds
My tap water is at ~300ppm tds

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Exactly. These water softeners will help make the water 'soft' instead of hard, but it'll still spot. You'll just be left with easier to remove soft spots instead of hard spots. The TDS amount is still there/high. Something like RO, etc will have a very low TDS so you don't have any spotting

Users who are viewing this thread