Watch aficionados: what would you do?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Because I really don’t care what other people do or wear if they’re not hurting or harming anyone.

Worrying about others is a low T soyboy trait.
I don't give a crap what they wear either but I still think it's hilarious. Remember Von Dutch? where is that now? People realized it was a lame trend and 86'd it.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Damn man, I have a couple of those t shirts
Which do you have the sexy wife beater? Gay pride?
To each his own, not my cup of tea.
61nlPYF1p0L._SL1200_.jpg
610Y1+kXzeL._SL1000_.jpg

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Back on topic anybody like Wing Lang's old Android watches?
I own a couple. I dig his space age futuristic styles, and quite reasonably priced even the automatics. Here's his skeletonized Auto flying Tourbillon...
Android Hydraumatic Automatic Flying Tourbillon.jpg

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
I’ll have to look into them. My goal is to get a Rolex by my 35th b day which is a couple years away haha. In the meantime I’m lucky enough to have been handed down a breitling navitimer from my mother in law for a wedding gift so I finally have a quality watch to wear. The goal is to then pass that down to my son when he graduates high school so it stays in the family.

That sir is a beautiful watch.
Wear it with pride! It's a special watch for a special occasion, but that should not mean it's suppose to sit in a drawer.

My94GT

Established Member
That sir is a beautiful watch.
Wear it with pride! It's a special watch for a special occasion, but that should not mean it's suppose to sit in a drawer.
Thanks! Yes I wear it pretty much any time we go out now and it always receives complements. I try to cycle through al my watches regularly as I enjoy them.

08mojo

Established Member
I don't give a crap what they wear either but I still think it's hilarious. Remember Von Dutch? where is that now? People realized it was a lame trend and 86'd it.

Back on topic anybody like Wing Lang's old Android watches?
I own a couple. I dig his space age futuristic styles, and quite reasonably priced even the automatics. Here's his skeletonized Auto flying Tourbillon... View attachment 1523061

That watch you posted is basically the equivalent of Von Dutch

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
I would but I work in a collision repair shop and it would get too beat up. When I have meetings to go to I do wear it but normally I wear my apple watch or a citizen watch I’ve had for many years.

Oh, understood! For heavy work I have a Seiko "FFF mod" (modified to look like a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms) that I use.
But I'm seriously considering trading my Submariner for a Oris Sixty Five...

blk02edge

Established Member
Oh, understood! For heavy work I have a Seiko "FFF mod" (modified to look like a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms) that I use.
But I'm seriously considering trading my Submariner for a Oris Sixty Five...
I found the 65 to be quite blaaaah in person. That new Aquis green though.... That is nice.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
I found the 65 to be quite blaaaah in person. That new Aquis green though.... That is nice.

Interesting... it's a quite cool piece in picture.
I remember seeing the Aquis in person for the first time a few years ago. I was in South Korea and found an Oris shop so me and my girlfriend went in and looked at the Aquis.
Stunning piece!
Meanwhile the salesman stood there with his eyes wide opened and looked like he understood nothing until I said it's a glorious watch and he replies "But sir... You have a Rolex...."
"Why does that matter? This is still a really nice watch!" was my reply.

I was really close on buying it. It was the silver dial one. But I didn't as it wasn't really the cheapest watch around.
So we left and my girlfriend asked how much it was I believe it was around $1200 or something and she just said "Well that's cheap. You should've bought it."
Maybe I should have...

Users who are viewing this thread