Watch aficionados: what would you do?

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
My next watch will be the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean (black/orange, SS). It's half the cost of the Rolex Submariner and doesn't come with any stigma. :)

While I can afford a Rolex, I just don't want to spend that kind of money. I like watches, I don't love watches.

End game watch for me. Black/Orange SS. Might be my favorite watch of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

My94GT

Established Member
How old are you?
Seriously he comes off as very butt hurt. What did someone with a Rolex do to him in his youth to cause such resentment lol

Not everyone has to like something but generalizing a segment of people as douches just kinda makes that idvidual the douche more often then not.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... While I can afford a Rolex, I just don't want to spend that kind of money. I like watches, I don't love watches.

Agreed. Even though I do have an appreciation of horology and fine timepieces, owning an uber watch just can't seem to make it onto my bucket list. (I might cough up some coin for a nice tourbillon movement, though. They fascinate me.) I'd like to own a Devon Tread (especially a gen 1), but it's just not on my list of must buy before I die.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I bought a Breitling Shadow Flyback in 1999 right before my son was born as an heirloom to hand down to him. I also have a Gold South Bend pocket watch that I've been thinking about letting go.

blk02edge

Established Member
So anybody that likes a product or a brand you do not approve of is a douche.

I get it now.
The list of people you mark as cucks and douchbages is so long you have no say in this. For the record, I understand not everyone who owns a sub is a douche, some understand and appreciate the heritage but if someone tries to say that its not THE watch that draws all the douchbags in then... Lol

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
The list of people you mark as cucks and douchbages is so long you have no say in this. For the record, I understand not everyone who owns a sub is a douche, some understand and appreciate the heritage but if someone tries to say that its not THE watch that draws all the douchbags in then... Lol

Made it through the 1st sentence and decided I dont give a ****.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Seriously he comes off as very butt hurt. What did someone with a Rolex do to him in his youth to cause such resentment lol

Not everyone has to like something but generalizing a segment of people as douches just kinda makes that idvidual the douche more often then not.
I've seen literally 100's of investment bankers at my Restaurant wearing Subs, their clowns just like a bald 60 year old, braided ponytail out back wearing boat shoes driving a convertible yellow Vette. Guys I live in South Florida get where I'm coming from?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
This man gets what I'm talking about!

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I literally laugh when I see a 70 year old guy in my restaurant draped entirely in bright yellow under armour gear, it's Hilarious to me. I guess the posters in this thread disagree...

Because I really don’t care what other people do or wear if they’re not hurting or harming anyone.

Worrying about others is a low T soyboy trait.

08mojo

Established Member
I've seen literally 100's of investment bankers at my Restaurant wearing Subs, their clowns just like a bald 60 year old, braided ponytail out back wearing boat shoes driving a convertible yellow Vette. Guys I live in South Florida get where I'm coming from?

*they're. And don't bring bald people into this, there is already another thread for that discussion.

I have wanted a Sinn 857 for a long time, but my wife got me a Fenix 3 and my analog watches have sat in a drawer ever since.

d8e1d33c1529268d4ff78a35f7b3fd48.jpg

857-UT

My94GT

Established Member
Ah that may have a lot to do with it being the odd people that encompass FL. Around here there are definitely some douches that wear them and UA specially since I’m about 20 min from the UA home bass in Baltimore.

I guess I just have exposure to people that have nicer things they acquired through hard work so it’s easier to respect them and their accomplishments. Doesn’t mean they always have good taste though lol

Users who are viewing this thread