Watch aficionados: what would you do?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Well that's not what it is anyways as it's an LV.
But sure, you know what you're talking about! Good for you!
I'm just stating a truth..You've heard of Raymond James Stadium? Home of the Tampa Bay Bucs? It's a large financial institution down here and a bunch of the brokers come into my restaurant wearing their Submariners and driving Tesla's... It's a status symbol for them...Hey everybody look at me, Fricken Clowns! REAL Ballers wear Audemars and Patek's.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
oops I see your from Sweden so disregard my last post, you don't have first hand knowledge of the dweebs that wear them in the USA, and I'm guessing you don't even know the Bucs?
I don't know any sports teams in Sweden except Olympic hockey.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
I'm just stating a truth..You've heard of Raymond James Stadium? Home of the Tampa Bay Bucs? It's a large financial institution down here and a bunch of the brokers come into my restaurant wearing their Submariners and driving Tesla's... It's a status symbol for them...Hey everybody look at me, Fricken Clowns! REAL Ballers wear Audemars and Patek's.

And I'm not saying that you are wrong about that either. As the black Submariner is the most common statement piece to get.

Regarding sports:
I don't care about it. At all.

blk02edge

Established Member
I see it at the race track, all the douchebags standing around circle jerking with their subs. Quite funny actually

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I see it at the race track, all the douchebags standing around circle jerking with their subs. Quite funny actually

I still don't see why Submariners are so expensive. Rolex has pumped out a bajillion of those things. Yet people still pay thousands for them. Gotta love brand cachet.

My94GT

Established Member
I've myself worked around with many cheaper, and many more expensive watches. Hell, even AP's...
But I've settled for one of the prettiest watches I can afford. Rolex Submariner 116610LV (Hulk).
Fun story, 3-4 years ago I was offered to buy a used one for $5k. I hesitated, for weeks! Eventually turned it down.
Look at the prices of them today... (I bought it brand new for MSRP last year).

I personally love that watch, alas I can’t swing getting one any time soon but I’ll likely get a Steinhart one to hold me over in the mean time as I simply love the submariner style.

Attachments

• 98C276B8-0B7B-4988-9437-AAD902717E55.jpeg
    98C276B8-0B7B-4988-9437-AAD902717E55.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 82

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I still don't see why Submariners are so expensive. Rolex has pumped out a bajillion of those things. Yet people still pay thousands for them. Gotta love brand cachet.
Those things are $10K Plus, 10 years ago they were half that and still overpriced.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Those things are $10K Plus, 10 years ago they were half that and still overpriced.
Got my two tone blue dial for about 4k and sold it for 5 last year to a member here. He was doing charity stuff, obviously.

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Got my two tone blue dial for about 4k and sold it for 5 last year to a member here. He was doing charity stuff, obviously.

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.
$4K is a decent price, my boss paid $3800 for his blackface brand new 12 years ago at a New York jeweler. NOW their $10K+???

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I recall the Stainless Submariners being about $1200 in the mid-late 80’s. As I’m one of the few people here who’s spent time on submarines, I’d say I’m uniquely qualified to own one. A little tongue in cheek “self-douchery” there....

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
I personally love that watch, alas I can’t swing getting one any time soon but I’ll likely get a Steinhart one to hold me over in the mean time as I simply love the submariner style.

Awesome!
That one is the Kermit style (16610lv).
Unfortinetly I'm not a fan of Steinhart... For similar money you can get an Oris sixty five which is Uber cool!

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
My next watch will be the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean (black/orange, SS). It's half the cost of the Rolex Submariner and doesn't come with any stigma. :)

While I can afford a Rolex, I just don't want to spend that kind of money. I like watches, I don't love watches.

My94GT

Established Member
Awesome!
That one is the Kermit style (16610lv).
Unfortinetly I'm not a fan of Steinhart... For similar money you can get an Oris sixty five which is Uber cool!

I’ll have to look into them. My goal is to get a Rolex by my 35th b day which is a couple years away haha. In the meantime I’m lucky enough to have been handed down a breitling navitimer from my mother in law for a wedding gift so I finally have a quality watch to wear. The goal is to then pass that down to my son when he graduates high school so it stays in the family.

Attachments

• 01E00D6B-D30A-4452-A21D-ABC1DF85F0A3.jpeg
    01E00D6B-D30A-4452-A21D-ABC1DF85F0A3.jpeg
    574.4 KB · Views: 92

Users who are viewing this thread