wash/wax system--NOT for my cobra

99hissss

Snake in the Gas
Established Member
My gal just got her a mazda 3, and she likes the idea of that new armor-all combo pack with the wash and then that wax formula that is supposed to wax as you dry the car. Anybody heard anything about this stuff? I know I'd never use it on my cobra, but it could be ok for a "regular" car.

spree

Established Member
Assuming for a second that this stuff was junk and doesn't really protect the car (which I'm assuming is the case here)...what's the point in using it, even if it is a "regular car"? If she doesn't care about it at all, why bother waxing it? If she does care about it, she should make some type of effort to maintain the finish. I can understand why some people don't want to go all out and be anal like me, but there are waxes out there that will allow you to go through 6 month stretches without waxing again (such as Zaino).

FranticFocus05

Established Member
My friend got it for his ranger and I tried it on the GT. Used the soap and wax as you dry stuff and it looked good on our cars. I have also used it on my moms Escape, dads Dorango, and my neighbors BMW and they all turned out great. It might just be the washing but it keeps it looking good and clean.

Scott P

Established Member
Using a good one step product will give her car protection and shine. Wax as You Dry products are temporary at best. The only spray wax with any durability more than a couple weeks would be Optimum Car Wax.

Woodsrat

Established Member
I have tried several "wax as you dry" products and I am a big fan of Eagle One "Wax as You Dry." I use it everytime I wash my Cobra (and my other vehicles). I give a quick wipe down with towel first to take off most of the water, then use a new towel with the Eagle One and it prevents waterspots and gives a smooth protective coating. I have heard so many people complain about chipped paint on the '03, but with 28,000 miles my paint is damn near perfect. One caveat, you need to start off with perfect paint for the Eagle One, if you have dirty paint or scratches it is not going to work well because it doesn't have any abrasives, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread