was told the TSB for the transmission is over?

mike5876

Established Member
maybe i missed it in here but i was told today by my rep at the dealership that the Ford TSB for the clutch,trans etc is no longer available??? anyone else hear this..is it old news...i havent been on here much lately

mike5876

Established Member
my guy is a reliable source.. said ford quit it because many times after the repair.. people still had issues so now Ford says the problems.. hiss,noise etc. is "normal" WTF!!

ZXMustang

Banned
Then Ford needs to buy all us with the trans issues aftermarket parts that can handle the power and heat. **** you ford. Its back to corvettes for me when Im done with the shelby.

Leonard 95

Established Member
Don't think so, they just revised the tsb thats all! We just did one on Friday, replaced clutch and flywheel only, if the synchros bad, then you get synchros/input shaft plus clutch/flywheel.

Just checked now, they changed the tsb number, but its not gone. Basically they added some pictures of normal wear and overheating wear, thats it. Here is what they consider normal operation:

Normal Operating Characteristics Of The Twin Disc Cera-metallic Clutch

Clutch chatter/shudder when engaging the clutch.
Narrow or abrupt engagement point.
Hiss upon clutch engagement or disengagement.
Transmission gear rollover noise at idle.
Gear rattle noise at very low speeds when in 1st or 2nd gear.
Normal wear.

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
C'mon ya'll knew Ford was going to back out of it once they did a few and everyone jumped all over it.

I admit, I really think they should have just recalled them all and been done with it; but that would have been costly.

I also think they missed so bad on the compound and marcel of the clutch discs, they really should have shortened up the throw and gone with probably 1/2 the marcel on the discs and it wouldn't chatter anywhere near as bad as what it *can* do if you hang your foot in the wrong place.

I'd also like to strangle the twit of an engineer that did the clutch slave cylinder. Apparently he did NOT ever drive a Fox and think about other Mustang nuts. Because to me the release point of a Fox is ever so fractionally higher up than the '500; the '500 likes to hang just a little lower on driveoff; just enough to drive you nuts when you've driven a Fox with a cable all your life (even with diff. clutches they all crossover about the same spot). My Dad even made the same comment the other day about this.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Then Ford needs to buy all us with the trans issues aftermarket parts that can handle the power and heat. **** you ford. Its back to corvettes for me when Im done with the shelby.

One thing you'll have to realize with the Ford...is despite the fact that it is a "premium" and expensive car...it's still a Ford. You're not going to get the red carpet treatment out of GM and a 'Vette either if you have problems. I fought with GM on 3-different trucks about legit warranty issues, it was like pulling hens teeth. So far I've had a little better luck with Ford warranty-wise; it REALLY comes down to the dealer.

The good news about the Mustang is there is soooo much aftermarket support you can fix whatever it is you don't like and make it better at the same time.

ZXMustang

Banned
One thing you'll have to realize with the Ford...is despite the fact that it is a "premium" and expensive car...it's still a Ford. You're not going to get the red carpet treatment out of GM and a 'Vette either if you have problems. I fought with GM on 3-different trucks about legit warranty issues, it was like pulling hens teeth. So far I've had a little better luck with Ford warranty-wise; it REALLY comes down to the dealer.

The good news about the Mustang is there is soooo much aftermarket support you can fix whatever it is you don't like and make it better at the same time.

Guess what. I traded off a 2007 supercharged C6 vette for the shelby. I never had issues with that car like this. They got it right from the factory...accept for the blower thing. I had to remedy that myself.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Guess what. I traded off a 2007 supercharged C6 vette for the shelby. I never had issues with that car like this. They got it right from the factory...accept for the blower thing. I had to remedy that myself.

Well that's good to hear. GM did step up their game on the C6 interior fit/finish/trim.

I admit, the Cobra's have their issues and I often wonder how some of the things they miss make it to production. I've had the same thoughts with GM products too.

Different strokes for different folks though; otherwise we'd all drive a Prius :lol1: I drove a C6/6.2/6speed auto fastback/hatch car a while back...it was ok, but just so "numb" overall. Didn't evoke any emotions for me. Totally different car from the Mustang in total.

FiaCobra

Established Member
Lol @ a TSB being over !! Who the hell told you that?

A TSB is just that, a Technical Service Bulletin. It's a way to guide the technicians with a particular problem they may encounter. The bulletin spells out the most likely symptoms and the most likely repair for those symptoms.
The only time someone should bring their car in for the TSB is, total failure (like I had...would not go in any gear), grinding bad going into gear, or slipping. I don't know what all the fuss is about some "hiss" sound. I wouldn't waste my time bringing in a perfectly good shifting car to the dealer because of some hiss sound.

Don't worry about the TSB. It's not going anywhere.

myfaststang

MyFastStang
Established Member
Hey guys my first post in this section, but I have had my car for over a year and just got the TSB done a week ago when the clutch went south. Not one question from the dealership.

chuckstang

Established Member
my guy is a reliable source.. said ford quit it because many times after the repair.. people still had issues so now Ford says the problems.. hiss,noise etc. is "normal" WTF!!

This is 100% correct

I am living proof

But But But

I was not suppose to post this but *** it I dont care

Ford told me they are working on a new clutch for us 07-09 owners with problems after the TSB was performed like what you mentioned.

I asked if it was just going to be the 2010 Clutch and they just sort of gave me that "ya" look

They told me should be ready by this December but I honstly think its all smoke and mirrors to get me off their ass cause I got to admit, at first I thought, oh sweet!

But now I am thinking, wait, my warranty and many 07 owners is running out so I think they are just hoping for that to occur first

Thoughts ?

mike5876

Established Member
This is 100% correct

I am living proof

But But But

I was not suppose to post this but *** it I dont care

Ford told me they are working on a new clutch for us 07-09 owners with problems after the TSB was performed like what you mentioned.

I asked if it was just going to be the 2010 Clutch and they just sort of gave me that "ya" look

They told me should be ready by this December but I honstly think its all smoke and mirrors to get me off their ass cause I got to admit, at first I thought, oh sweet!

But now I am thinking, wait, my warranty and many 07 owners is running out so I think they are just hoping for that to occur first

Thoughts ?

thats what i was thinking thats why i asked about it now was gonna try to get it done before the warranty period was up

O.J.

Established Member
Just had my 07 vert done this week, San Tan Ford in Arizona. No questions and not one problem.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
i dont want my tranny fixed i want them to give me a new one. an one from the 2010 GT500. sometimes its real notching going into gears and pisses me off an when getting on it from 1st to 2nd it sometimes grinds.

Users who are viewing this thread