Warranty question

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Hey, I have an existing warranty with DTD for my 255/40ZR/17s. Maybe it would be better asked or handled in a PM, but ill let you decide on that. Which ever's best for you. Anyways, I recently got a screw in my tire (all have great tread left on them) But when I contacted DTD via telephone, I had a rep say that the warranty does not cover it. And said to have a reputable shop put a plug in it. But I am planning on racing now that the weather is better, and plan on AutoX and drag racing and maybe some other events. I understand the warranty is up to a certain point where the warranty is voided when the tire tread is below a certain point. But my concern is, why must I pay for a tire to be plugged at my expense when I bought a warranty and read that it covers screws/ nails/ minor road debre. I am a little set back about this because it seems like I spent extra cash specifically for the warranty. I just dont see how I will be safe with this tire when it comes to racing and possibly driving on the street/highway. Thanks for your time and look forward to getting this resolved. This isn't a rant or a complaint, but a further concern for myself.

Please PM me and I can tell you my information so you can better help me. Thanks,
Conner

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Just got off the phone with Matt from DTD, and had a good conversation with him and helped explain to me the situation. He explained that they will remburse me for the patching after I fax in the shops copy, and explained everything needed for me to understand. Id like to say that the one thing I really look at when Im dealing with a company is their CUSTOMER SERVICE. Matt definately earned a good mark and I will absolutely go back to him. He and his partners are very helpful and fully explain everything they can and whatever you ask about.

Thanks again Matt,
Conner

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
No sweat Conner and thank you for the kind words. It was our mistake so thank you for your patience and understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread