warranty on brakes?

slalomdude

Established Member
After smoking my brakes a while back, they seem much rougher when stopping.It kind of feels similiar when pads and rotors are worn and the rotors need returning.I can hear it and feel it thru the pedal.
Anyway is this a warranty item ,if so what mileage/age is the brake warranty good for.Does anyone else have a similiar problem
Thanks

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Check the surface on the rotors. They should be quite smooth. The stock pads seem to be very soft and are easy on the rotors. If you use the car hard in open track or possibly high speed solo events, the front pads will wear very quickly. I used up the whole front pads in one event at Portland - 122 miles.

I just switched to Hawk HPS street pads and the difference in stopping power is quite noticeable. Plus no smoking at all. I used them at the Mustangs Northwest track day at Seattle this week. The performance was much better than stock pads. However they seem to be wearing the front rotors a bit more.

Gord

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
The typical warranty on normal wear items like clutches/brakes is 12 months/12,000 miles. See your dealer and talk to him if this applies to you.

Dana

Users who are viewing this thread