Warning VIN # 1FA6P8JZ8H5521487

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
This is the vin # for the car I ordered and now have cancelled.

After much frustration for my car being late, thru the help of others, I have been able to find out that this car sustained significant damage while waiting to be shipped from flat rock Michigan.

The car was sent to a Ford authorized repair company, for what I can only assume is body and paint work, work that Ford is not required to tell the dealer, yet alone the customer.

The car is coming to a dealer here in central Massachusetts, it is a 2017 GT350, ruby red, black roof, no stripes, electronics package.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case this car crosses their path or search for one, it has had undisclosed paint and body work.

I will be ordering a different car in the next few months, and hopefully it comes in unscathed.

Thanks to all here who helped me get to the bottom of why my car was and is now 7 weeks late and counting.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
This is the vin # for the car I ordered and now have cancelled.

After much frustration for my car being late, thru the help of others, I have been able to find out that this car sustained significant damage while waiting to be shipped from flat rock Michigan.

The car was sent to a Ford authorized repair company, for what I can only assume is body and paint work, work that Ford is not required to tell the dealer, yet alone the customer.

The car is coming to a dealer here in central Massachusetts, it is a 2017 GT350, ruby red, black roof, no stripes, electronics package.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case this car crosses their path or search for one, it has had undisclosed paint and body work.

I will be ordering a different car in the next few months, and hopefully it comes in unscathed.

Thanks to all here who helped me get to the bottom of why my car was and is now 7 weeks late and counting.
That's kinda good to hear. Atleast the dealer wasn't doing shady stuff.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
WOW! That wicked sucks.
Glad others were able to step in and help you out. I can't imagine the fact that Ford doesn't have to tell the new owner that the was damaged and then repaired. I would have been furious!
Good luck going forward Dave!

Colleton

Established Member
That really sucks, but I'm glad you were able to get that info. Good luck in your search for a replacement!

M91196

Established Member
Safe to assume that your dealer was not going to share this info? Having an open and honest dealer posting makes me want to buy a car from him.
Does this dealer in Central MA have a Roush franchise and a music theme?

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Safe to assume that your dealer was not going to share this info? Having an open and honest dealer posting makes me want to buy a car from him.

Dealer claims to be the dark as much as I was.

He could not search for the vehicle because he reported it sold September 1st since at that point it was only a few days late for delivery to the dealership.

And no, they are not a roush franchise.

I'll narrow it down to they are in northern Worcester county.

M91196

Established Member
Dealer claims to be the dark as much as I was.

He could not search for the vehicle because he reported it sold September 1st since at that point it was only a few days late for delivery to the dealership.

And no, they are not a roush franchise.

I'll narrow it down to they are in northern Worcester county.

Glad it worked out for you!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
WOW! That wicked sucks.
Glad others were able to step in and help you out. I can't imagine the fact that Ford doesn't have to tell the new owner that the was damaged and then repaired. I would have been furious!
Good luck going forward Dave!
Cars that go down the line with 0 problems are the minority.
Unfortunately the particular dealer probably doesn't have the necessary connections to track this vehicle down.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wouldn't damage like this appear on OASIS?

Nope.

Until it is delivered to the transport company, nothing needs to be noted or recorded for public record.

Now, Ford does have a system internally that will show all damage history of any unit that runs through that plant. Maybe once Putin is tired of messing with Hillary's emails, he can have someone look into it for us?

colin450

Established Member
Damn that really sucks, sounds like an awesome combo though with the Ruby Red and the black roof. Good luck with your next order.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't see the problem other than deep down always knowing this car was worked on before taking delivery. There's no telling how many cars you or I have purchased in the past where this was the case. That being said I would have done the same. good luck

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I don't see the problem other than deep down always knowing this car was worked on before taking delivery. There's no telling how many cars you or I have purchased in the past where this was the case. That being said I would have done the same. good luck

That's exactly the problem, a car I always would have been paranoid about finding / waiting for something to go wrong vs a car I can enjoy.

Plus, I do track my cars, and the last thing I would want is for something to go wrong on the track at 140mph.

What if it was beyond simple body work? What if it was suspension or brakes or a bent axle ? How would we ever know if Ford is not required to disclose the damage ??

oldbmwfan

Established Member
As a BMW geek, this is something that you tend to see for cars that get damaged in transport - they will get fixed at the BMW port facilities which, for all intents and purposes, are "factory" repairs that are then not disclosed. It ends up not really mattering. In a way, a mechanical issue like a bent axle is better than body work because it's pull-and-replace, ensure that alignment is at spec, and go. After-factory paint work might always be detectable to a really good eye and paint thickness gauge, even if it is technically "factory" because it was done prior to delivery of the vehicle while the car is in Ford's hands.

In the end, the car is most likely fine and suffered from a bonehead driving it into something, and the buyer of the car will never know the difference and be better off for it. It won't leave the factory without meeting their minimum requirements; if the unibody suffered damage it would be killed. Agree that I wouldn't want the car if I knew that history, even if logic and statistics tell us it's no big deal.

Good luck with the next one!

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
From what I was able to find out, if I'm reading the information correctly, the car has been at the repair facility since September 2.

That's going on 7 weeks !!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
From what I was able to find out, if I'm reading the information correctly, the car has been at the repair facility since September 2.

That's going on 7 weeks !!

Yes. That's a long time.

chuckstang

Established Member

Imperial Ford- I love that place! haha. They no good?

Gabe9195

Whippled Coyote
Established Member
Wouldn't damage like this appear on OASIS?

It will, eventually.
My ex-girlfriend wanted a Fiesta in 2012 when I was working at a Ford dealership, our store had one in stock that had in-transit damage, the OASIS printout showed a repair done before we received the car, turned out the car had roof damage, it received a new roof, new headliner, and windshield.
Yes, she got a smoking deal on a new car, and had no problems with it.

And if it's any damage over a certain dollar amount, Ford is legally forced to sell it at a discount and disclose that the car had damage.

Now, this particular GT350's OASIS is probably not gonna show anything till after some time after the repair is done, since the whole claim has to be processed through Ford before it will show on there.

Users who are viewing this thread