- Magnetic Metallic
- Equipment Group 400A
- 2nd Row Buckets
- Twin Panel Moonroof
- Class III Trailer Tow Package
- Tinted Front Driver & Passenger Windows
- Ford Molded Mudflaps
- WeatherTech 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & Rear Row Mats

(Good job Salesman Joe and Thank You for your Service in the US Navy SeaBees!)

IMG_4288.jpeg

Magnetic Metallic is a beautiful color...

IMG_4305.jpeg

IMG_4300.jpeg

IMG_4304.jpeg

IMG_4297.jpeg

IMG_4303.jpeg

IMG_4294.jpeg

IMG_4306.jpeg

IMG_4295.jpeg

3rd Row auto folding seats (shown down here), hands-free liftgate...

IMG_4302.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good looking Explorer. I like the paint color. Did you ever consider the 2020 Explorer ST?

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Very nice! Did you get it at our club sponsor?

Kinda. Purchased it from our original club sponsor...

I called our current club sponsor at 11:00 am last Monday, and couldn't talk to a salesman because they were all in meetings. Truth. So, about 20 minutes later I called the other site. They were all in meetings too. I asked for a Sales Manager so I could at least talk to someone about Explorers. We talked for a bit, then he had a salesman call me back about an hour later.

Nick and I also discussed a new Explorer. As I mentioned in another thread, the timing and logisitcs of a deal with him just didn't work out. Rest is history...

Good looking Explorer. I like the paint color. Did you ever consider the 2020 Explorer ST?

Thanks Bob. I had an '05 Mineral Grey Mustang that I just loved. This Magnetic Metallic is EVEN better!

We thought about but didn't seriously consider the 2020 Explorers for a couple reasons:
1) Timing. I/we wanted to get a vehicle this spring. While my wife will have this, I get her '12 Escape. Our son is buying my '96 Ranger.
2) Price. There was a total $8500 in discounts off the window sticker. The split was $5000 from Ford, and $3500 from the dealership. It was just too good of a deal on a Ford. With everything I've read and heard, the Explorer with an EcoBoost is just a great vehicle. Another good friend has Sport. I think its a '17. His family loves it. He tows and says it's a beast!

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Lol, came in here thinking “I wonder if I’ve worked on parts of this C2 equipment.” Not what I expected...but the answer is yes. Have done a few maintenance actions on the wife’s XSport.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Nice, how's it run?

Thanks.
Runs great, I think. I've only driven it downtown to get laundry detergent - LOL. Vision is very good, seats are very comfy, steering is tight, simple dash. I like how Ford concealed the trailer hitch and hook-ups. The hands-free power lift gate is pretty slick. Never had a remote start, I know she'll love that. She can even start it with the Ford app on her iphone. Looking forward to a road trip with the Boss!

Your new F-150 have the 2.7 or 3.5 EB? Yours tick kinda loud at idle? I believe its the injectors isn't it?

Just for recording purposes, I snapped a pic of the dipstick and odometer.
Kinda hard to tell, but the oil is exactly where it should be at the top of the hatched area:
IMG_4319.jpg

IMG_4309.jpg

04YellowGT

Established Member
Nice ride. My wife has been looking at them. Also love the name, thats what my dad always called my mom when I was a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread