Wanting to start Autocross

Lemonth

Established Member
Hey, I have a 2014 GT and I've always been interested in autocrossing. I live in the Los Angeles area and I was wondering whats the best way to start getting involved and finding events. Also I was wondering what kind of mods you guys would suggest for me. My car is DD that I often take up to canyon rides. So far, as far as suspension, I have SVE Drifts with 275/40r19 Sumitomo HTR ZIII (That I'm looking to replace for 18's with better tires), Koni yellows, Ford K Springs, and a BMR rear LCA.

HMTDF

Established Member
Go to scca cal club region and then to solo. Solo is scca term for autocross. Iam in the reno region. I run a roush 427r and my other half runs a 14 gt/hmtdf mustang. Before you make any more changes run the car thru and see how it handles. Every car will handle different so run it first. The solo people are a good bunch of people and are willing to help with suggestions on improving the handling. Suspension settings can get complicated and I am in no way any kind of expert to tell you what is needed. Other wise have fun.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
What he said, and don't mod the car until you read the rule book, you don't want to get booted into some mod class where you won't be competitive.

Joeski

Established Member
Go check the rule book or you might be able to even make some friends and have them help you. If you dont care about points I guess you dont have to worry about it. I just go to have fun out there and am not competing for a particular class especially since I am no longer in a competetive class. As far as finding events you can look online and check the area your in or counties near by to see if they are hosting any events. I learned about mine through friends as I have a bunch of car friends. For setting up your car check out Sam Strano. This guy knows a lot about autocross and competes at a national level and sells parts too. Good luck!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread