Wanting to join the Air Force

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Maybe I should never said anything. I keep forgetting TS clearance has my ass still.
All I'm saying, IN MY AIR FORCE Career as special forces, I've seen A LOT, been around the block a few times. Yes, I know what I called in. You also don't hear about most of the things we do either behind the lines. You do as your told and you do it. No if's and's or but's about it. Peoples life's are on the line.

I also have nothing to prove. I've done my proving and ass kissing for 4 years. Its a good thing, just not for me. The moral is, just watch what you say. someone is always watching.

Air Force is a great stepping stone in life. Any military branch will point you in the right direction for you to take charge of your life in the path you choose.

I have a TS clearance. Whats your point? I can ask you simple unclassified things that a JTAC of your stated status would have no problem answering and I bet you couldn't answer. I thing you have embellished some things to say it nicely. I don't mind too much that you feel the need to do so to impress folks here and feel better about yourself. But don't go passing bogus information to prospective people asking questions and acting as a subject matter expert in something you aren't.

Bloostd

War is Hell...
Established Member
All I have stated were experiences out in the field. So maybe I am wrong about the f-22's? Do I really care? I know what was done, Did I see the AC? Sure as hell heard it.

What do you fly btw?

How come your always home =/
Get your ass out to the sand box asap!

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
All I have stated were experiences out in the field. So maybe I am wrong about the f-22's? Do I really care? I know what was done, Did I see the AC? Sure as hell heard it.

What do you fly btw?

How come your always home =/
Get your ass out to the sand box asap!

4 combat deployments to Iraq. If you really want to get into a discussion about combat experience. Two of those deployments were as a Forward Air Controller or JTAC as the other services call it. Basically what you claim to have been. So if you didn't see the aircraft that was engaging a target. What TYPE of control is that? Where the JTAC is either (A) not able to visually acquire the target or (B) is not able to visually aquire the attacking aircraft prior to the clearance for weapons release. That is an easy question by the way. You want to stop now before this gets ugly?

Last edited:

Bloostd

War is Hell...
Established Member
So your up to date w/ the regs. Officially I haven't been a salt dog for 2 1/2 years. You forget shit, pretend somethings never happened and learn from it.
Don't forget I was attached w/ mostly army/ marine ops guys.

Yes I know what other branches call it.

No need to get hurt over a few terms or what not. You've got it made as when it comes to being a fighter.

Really...

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
So your up to date w/ the regs. Officially I haven't been a salt dog for 2 1/2 years. You forget shit, pretend somethings never happened and learn from it.
Don't forget I was attached w/ mostly army/ marine ops guys.

Yes I know what other branches call it.

No need to get hurt over a few terms or what not. You've got it made as when it comes to being a fighter.

Really...

The term isn't new. And I'll answer it for you. That is type 2 control. And Air Force JTACs working with Marines. Probably not. We make our own and use our own. The community is very small and a tight knit group. We tend to know each other. If you want to read up on the conduct of close air support which joint pub do you want to look in? Next question. How do you effectively employ an aircraft when you don't even know what it is that is working for you? What are the elements of a JCAS check in? I'll give you a hint one of them is the type of aircraft that is checking in with you. So there is no way that you wouldn't know what aircraft is employing ordnance for you. How would you know its capabilities? Whats an SCL and if they have the SCL how would most aircraft state that? I haven't served as a JTAC in almost 2 1/2 years BTW. I won't ask any more questions. Think I made my point.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
The term isn't new. And I'll answer it for you. That is type 2 control. And Air Force JTACs working with Marines. Probably not. We make our own and use our own. The community is very small and a tight knit group. We tend to know each other. If you want to read up on the conduct of close air support which joint pub do you want to look in? Next question. How do you effectively employ an aircraft when you don't even know what it is that is working for you? What are the elements of a JCAS check in? I'll give you a hint one of them is the type of aircraft that is checking in with you. So there is no way that you wouldn't know what aircraft is employing ordnance for you. How would you know its capabilities? Whats an SCL and if they have the SCL how would most aircraft state that? I haven't served as a JTAC in almost 2 1/2 years BTW. I won't ask any more questions. Think I made my point.

Dude! He has a TS that has his balls and can't talk about it. You know OPSEC, EMSEC, COMSEC doesn't let him do it.

/sarcasm off

Why do soooooooo many military people feel the need to talk themselves up/lie about what they do:shrug:

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Why do soooooooo many military people feel the need to talk themselves up/lie about what they do:shrug:

They feel left out, but they shouldn't. No matter the MOS or rate we all play a vital role in the big blue arrow. People should be proud of what they do and the role that they play. Not everyone can be a trigger puller. As a matter of fact we need a lot more non trigger pullers to make the machine work. Sure it may appear to be more glamorous to do some of these other high speed sexy jobs, but its not always what its all cracked up to be and only a small portion of getting the job done. Its hard work and most people only see a small segment of it. They don't see the training, the studying, the planning, and every thing thats goes into execution. Reason you don't see the majority of the real ones talking isn't because of the horrible things they may or may not have seen. May be a small part of it, but most can confide in those that have been there with them. Mostly though I believe it is because they have nothing to prove to anyone. Everything they ever had to prove they have proved to themselves and to the people that truly matter. The guy to the left and right of you. All the training in the world will never prepare you for the first time rounds go down range though. You know how you think you will be, how you hope to be, but you never know until the moment it happens. At that point you know everything you ever wanted to know about yourself whether good or bad. There is nothing else to say at that point. You no longer have much in common with anyone who has not had the same experience and only they can truly understand that.

LDC2335

Established Member
Luckily though, the Air Force doesnt do very long deployments from what im told. Most everyone i have talked to said its no more than a couple of months. I guess with the Army anything less than 12-18 months is considered not long. Sad haha.

yea pretty sad, but anyone who's left their growing babies, knows that even 4 months is a long time, last time i went for 3 months, my 18 month old didnt recognize me. Thats a crappy feeling, and now that i have two, im dreading the next tour. So sure its not a year, but they still suck.

on a side note, the work done while deployed is far more rewarding than the "training" dont at home.

p.s. def try to find a job that you can use on the outside.

cross training is not nearly as easy as recruiters say, in fact its damn near impossible to cross train into a job that isnt worse that the one you already have. been there done that. So make sure the one you pick is the one you want for good.

Good luck!

mymustang44

Cammed What??
Established Member
Finally got some things to update about. I signed on for 6 years and already know my job. I got Aerospace Maintenance (2A5X1). I wanted tactical but I can live with this. I find out when I go to basic sometime next week.

THE_STIG

Established Member
Finally got some things to update about. I signed on for 6 years and already know my job. I got Aerospace Maintenance (2A5X1). I wanted tactical but I can live with this. I find out when I go to basic sometime next week.

I believe right now, you are looking at some time in April or later. Kid i know got his basic date 2 months ago and the earliest was Feb 22.

Bloostd

War is Hell...
Established Member

Man, Dont accept something you dont want. YOU WONT BE HAPPY. But do something different that you would have never done if you were always a civilian. Also the military is a great stepping stone. Still active duty, but tdrl... working for a fortune 500 company and an executive account manager.

Its about the experience... enjoy it

Marc

Established Member
I think most of your questions have been answered, but if you have anymore, feel free to PM me. I am a Chief Master Sergeant (E9) in the Air Force and have been in 25 years and still running strong...

Users who are viewing this thread