Wanting to join the Air Force

Bloostd

War is Hell...
Established Member
First year was hell....

After I got out into the field and did OJT... Real world missions and exercises. It was the best thing I EVER did in my life.
Best of the best training.

Last edited:

ToyoFl

Established Member
yeah my uncle was a ranger, and said he wish he had done that because you get to work with the best of the best ie green berets, seals,rangers, recon, etc etc...I've heard the pipeline is nigh impossible tho? I mean obviously if you ant it you can get it...but is it that tough?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
What? F-22's in OEF.

I'm gonna have to say negative on that one. My best friend is F-22 avionics (16 before that), and the main reason he put in for Korea was to stay away from getting "locked" into the 22. Minimal bases to be stationed at and no deployments was his worst nightmare.....

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Iraq and Afghanistan, Seen them both, Drop in. Mostly 16's. But yes I can re-assure there are some 22's flying around out there.
-Bret

Dude I don't want to say it but:bs:

The 22 would have to take off from a stateside base and re-fuel along the way (with a payload) to simply drop some bombs on a target in the mountains and then fly back......

99navert

Established Member
F-22's haven't flown any combat missions yet, so I'll have to agree with the BS flag. If it had flown any it would be well known because of how much money we have invested in that program and congress would not be trying to cut it from the budget.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
F-22's haven't flown any combat missions yet, so I'll have to agree with the BS flag. If it had flown any it would be well known because of how much money we have invested in that program and congress would not be trying to cut it from the budget.

What?! Are you serious? Well known? Common dude we run soooo many missions that nobody knows about. The only time you hear about something is when it goes bad or someone broke OPSEC. Like the man said before, 42 different countries........ How many of those do you think we as a military are "allowed" to go into based on international law? Thats all I have to say on that.

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
If this is true then it was an f16 as always. We just give coordinates and target zone/ enemy combatants

Are those the actual JCAS terms you guys use in the Air Force? That's all that is needed to conduct close air support? Coordinates, target zone and enemy combatants? What high speed format is that? I am not familiar. You weren't sure if it was an F-22 or an F-16 delivering ordnance for you?

Last edited:

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Iraq and Afghanistan, Seen them both, Drop in. Mostly 16's. But yes I can re-assure there are some 22's flying around out there.
-Bret

You have a timeframe when you were over there with F-22's?

Last edited:

99navert

Established Member
First year was hell....

After I got out into the field and did OJT... Real world missions and exercises. It was the best thing I EVER did in my life. Who can say they have been to navy dive school, airborne, sere, halo, air traffic, combat tactics ect schools, have your jump wings, wear a scarlet beret and call your self a actual bad ass? not to many...Also calling in f22's to take down a whole mountain side in Afghanistan is purely bliss
Best of the best training. If i didnt get blown up in Iraq and break my back, i'd still be in the game. I've done 39 combat missions in 2 years being in the field.
42 countries.... blah blah blah.
Nothing compares. If you have mental strength you can make it through anything.

39 combat missions in 42 countries? Did you cross borders during the missions? :??:

What?! Are you serious? Well known? Common dude we run soooo many missions that nobody knows about. The only time you hear about something is when it goes bad or someone broke OPSEC. Like the man said before, 42 different countries........ How many of those do you think we as a military are "allowed" to go into based on international law? Thats all I have to say on that.

I'm kinda confused by the post your are refering to in the first place. In response I can offer that I worked in a very large airfield's BDOC in southern Afghanistan, so I hope that I'd atleast have an idea of what I was talking about & by combat missions I meant OIF/OEF. I also provided security for a stateside F-22 squadron for 3+ years, I can't tell you how many IFE's I responded to. Does the bird have potential, yes, but it still has some bugs to be worked out.

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
39 combat missions in 42 countries? Did you cross borders during the missions? :??:

Or maybe it was 19 Combat missions.

I did 19 combat missions. on the last one, got ****ed up bad. I wanted to stay with it, got cross training, now trying to retire since they ****ed me.
Go figure. 1 purple heart, trying to get a bronze star. If Gen. North approves I'm golden.
Brett

And I hear you about the F-22 thing. In 2007 I knew every aircraft that was on the ATO that flew in support of either OIF or OEF. There wasn't any F-22s over there then.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

I'm kinda confused by the post your are refering to in the first place. In response I can offer that I worked in a very large airfield's BDOC in southern Afghanistan, so I hope that I'd atleast have an idea of what I was talking about & by combat missions I meant OIF/OEF. I also provided security for a stateside F-22 squadron for 3+ years, I can't tell you how many IFE's I responded to. Does the bird have potential, yes, but it still has some bugs to be worked out.

That happens more than you think it would.

Now that I know what you have done/known up close it brings more credibility. The post I quoted from you came accross as a civillian that believes the government would expose everything we as a military do on a daily basis. I was just saying that there is soooo much we are involved in and take part of all over the world that 99% of the population will never know anything about.

I dont know anything about F-22's in Afganistan, I dont call in airstrikes, not my MOS. Just saying that often times things happen overseas that are unorthadox and unknown by many. But if you were up close in that field of operations then I will take your word for it.

Bloostd

War is Hell...
Established Member
Maybe I should never said anything. I keep forgetting TS clearance has my ass still.
All I'm saying, IN MY AIR FORCE Career as special forces, I've seen A LOT, been around the block a few times. Yes, I know what I called in. You also don't hear about most of the things we do either behind the lines. You do as your told and you do it. No if's and's or but's about it. Peoples life's are on the line.

I also have nothing to prove. I've done my proving and ass kissing for 4 years. Its a good thing, just not for me. The moral is, just watch what you say. someone is always watching.

Air Force is a great stepping stone in life. Any military branch will point you in the right direction for you to take charge of your life in the path you choose.

Users who are viewing this thread