Wanting to go E-85, can my setup handle it?

JCH03SVT

Established Member
I have a 2.3L Whipple at 19lbs supported by dual gt pumps and dual fpdm's. Could I pull off using E-85 with 80lb injectors and upgraded fuel lines with these pumps? Say maybe 21 lbs? I know these pumps are good for abouty 700rwhp, so just curious if larger injectors and new fuel lines would be enough to support a little extra power. Also have a boost-a-pump on the car that could be used, but have it turned all the way down right now. Currently sitting at 634rwhp. :beer:

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
Run a 8an fuel line with boost a pump and u should be good to 700 or so rwhp, not exactly sure but I'm sure 04sleeper will chime in and I'm most certain he made north of 700 rwhp on e85 with a 2.60 pulley

JCH03SVT

Established Member
Run a 8an fuel line with boost a pump and u should be good to 700 or so rwhp, not exactly sure but I'm sure 04sleeper will chime in and I'm most certain he made north of 700 rwhp on e85 with a 2.60 pulley

Yeah he told me his setup was risky. I've been told it shouldn't be done on my fuel system because of it using 30% more fuel on e85. But I don't see why it wouldn't be ok if I kept it under 700.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
I have a 2.3L Whipple at 19lbs supported by dual gt pumps and dual fpdm's. Could I pull off using E-85 with 80lb injectors and upgraded fuel lines with these pumps? Say maybe 21 lbs? I know these pumps are good for abouty 700rwhp, so just curious if larger injectors and new fuel lines would be enough to support a little extra power. Also have a boost-a-pump on the car that could be used, but have it turned all the way down right now. Currently sitting at 634rwhp. :beer:

My old cobra put down 694rwhp and had alittle bit of room left (i think my fpdc was around 87-89%) my setup was 8an line, dual gt pumps, fore hat, dual fpdm, boost a pump at 40, BAP wiring upgrade kit, 80lb frpp injectors/stock rails.

You will need a 8an line for sure, also you will need a BAP, and need a BAP wiring upgrade kit to make sure all the voltage is there.

Mystic03

Established Member
My old cobra put down 694rwhp and had alittle bit of room left (i think my fpdc was around 87-89%) my setup was 8an line, dual gt pumps, fore hat, dual fpdm, boost a pump at 40, BAP wiring upgrade kit, 80lb frpp injectors/stock rails.

You will need a 8an line for sure, also you will need a BAP, and need a BAP wiring upgrade kit to make sure all the voltage is there.

im goin dual fpdm...did you just run one BAP or two BAP's?

Users who are viewing this thread