Wanted: TVS track results info

4VFTW

Established Member
so I'm kicking around the idea of putting a blower on the car...either a TVS or a Paxton. I know what the centris are capable of , but I have been searching the forum for TVS results and haven't seen enough to draw a solid conclusion. Wondering what kinda times and mph to expect from a 85mm pulley on a car with exhaust and a converter. low 10's@133+ in the ballpark? or will it take more pulley to get there?

post up your times and mods please TVS Rockers.

Last edited:

corepwn

Established Member
Low 10s will require a smaller pulley than the 85mm on pump 93. The best I've read about with 82mm pulleys is 9.99 and 10.02 on e85. 69-72mm pulleys have been 9.6-9.7s on a couple different full weight, stock converter cars now.

4VFTW

Established Member
yeah, the timeslip list doesn't specify type of supercarger and trying to figure it out from reading 29 pages will make your skull hurt

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Lazy :-D
I looked at it once about a year ago and YES my head started to hurt too.

Since you already have the Boss IM wouldn't it make sense to go Centri? I suppose you could sell it but...

Last edited:

4VFTW

Established Member
Lazy :-D
I looked at it once about a year ago and YES my head started to hurt too.

Since you already have the Boss IM wouldn't it make sense to go Centri? I suppose you could sell it but...
The IM has no bearing on deciding what style blower to go with, selling it would offset at least half of the cost diff between a centri and a TVS

Mike Rousch

Established Member
I just did one similar to your car, 2c with big/little's 85mm with CJ throttle body/jlt 127mm and a off road. Went 10.60's in 2500+da a few weekends ago.

4VFTW

Established Member
I just did one similar to your car, 2c with big/little's 85mm with CJ throttle body/jlt 127mm and a off road. Went 10.60's in 2500+da a few weekends ago.

thanks Mike, what kinda trap was it seeing? I'm going to email you with some questions at some point as well.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
On my 85mm pulley I was low 11's (DR's with bad 60's in the 1.77-1.85 range) and trapped 126-128. That was with JLT 123, O/R X, and 93 pump.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I love my TVS! It has a conservative tune I think. I'm running low 11's high 10's in the heat. The TVS doesn't really need a converter. It looks sexy as hell under the hood too! I'm running stock pump & 47# injectors, don't really want to do much more till I get a fuel system an E85.
i just drive to the track, air down the drag radials & have fun. Just a fun street car!

FIFTY

Established Member
Low 10's are definitely possible on a streetable "safe" set up E85 will be your new best friend.

RC-5.0

Established Member
If I can ever make it down to PBIR, Ill let you know. I guess the ET will also depend on your tires but i think you're good. Was looking for you at the Towers Takeover last night.
RC

4VFTW

Established Member
RC, I had to be at work at 3:30am saturday morning so it put a major dampner on driving down there and trying to have a good time. I saw the pictures though and it looked like a great time, sucks I missed out.

RC-5.0

Established Member
RC, I had to be at work at 3:30am saturday morning so it put a major dampner on driving down there and trying to have a good time. I saw the pictures though and it looked like a great time, sucks I missed out.

Yeah, I met Raul there..nice guy..He's got a really nice fast/clean car! I can understand your not going to Towers if you have to work at 330...BUT, on a regular towers night where there's a few guys I can understand. IF they ever have a Mustang Takeover, you're gonna have to suck it up and go that one time...Really nice!!!
RC

Users who are viewing this thread