WANTED - COOLANT CROSSOVER DELETE - 2002 MUSTANG COBRA

Steve Gifford

Established Member
Hi all, I am newish here and live in Sydney, Australia and own a 2002 Mustang Cobra Vert.
I need your help. I will be installing a Vortech V2 oil cooled Supercharger in the near future.
I have been told I either need to modify my Coolant Crossover or install the crossover delete kit.
What do I do with the hose from the crossover to the thermostat?
I know there are few options - On3 coolant delete with thermostat and install 2001 Mustang GT oil adaptor and GT lower hose, and other delete kits.
Problem I have is the Australian Dollar is crap to the $US plus freight plus GST.
If someone can give me some help here and maybe someone has a modified crossover for sale or a used crossover delete kit for sale.
ANY HELP APPRECIATED. DESPERATE AUSSIE :)

Moderators - Apologies if this is not allowed or in the wrong section.

Attachments

• MAY 2018 (5).JPG
    MAY 2018 (5).JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 150

MG0h3

Established Member
Welcome!

I’d go in the Terminator sub forum under Cobras.

This mod is probably don’t mostly on turbo cars, which there is a section for.

Pop into Terminator talk too. We’ve only seen a few of you Aussie Terminator guys come through.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Did you pick up a full kit or are you piecing something together? FWIW, the Procharger crossover will work with the Vortech set up. I ran one with a T trim. I think they're cheaper than the Vortech crossover too.

Steve Gifford

Established Member
Welcome!

Pop into Terminator talk too. We’ve only seen a few of you Aussie Terminator guys come through.

I am piecing the Vortech Supercharger together. Most of it is there but no coolant crossover pipe. It was on a same engine but in a Cobra kit car in Oz.
So trying to find the modified crossover or second hand crossover delete setup.

Steve Gifford

Established Member
Welcome!

Cheers, mine is not a Terminator. Wishful thinking :(
Will try on their forum. Cheers

MG0h3

Established Member
Cheers, mine is not a Terminator. Wishful thinking :(
Will try on their forum. Cheers
Oh so you guys had an NA cobra and the supercharged one in 02'? We've had a couple guys come on here with what I understood was a Terminator from 02'.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Hi all, I am newish here and live in Sydney, Australia and own a 2002 Mustang Cobra Vert.
I need your help. I will be installing a Vortech V2 oil cooled Supercharger in the near future.
I have been told I either need to modify my Coolant Crossover or install the crossover delete kit.
What do I do with the hose from the crossover to the thermostat?
I know there are few options - On3 coolant delete with thermostat and install 2001 Mustang GT oil adaptor and GT lower hose, and other delete kits.
Problem I have is the Australian Dollar is crap to the $US plus freight plus GST.
If someone can give me some help here and maybe someone has a modified crossover for sale or a used crossover delete kit for sale.
ANY HELP APPRECIATED. DESPERATE AUSSIE :)

Moderators - Apologies if this is not allowed or in the wrong section.

Love to see a 2002 still rolling. Let's see some more pics.

Steve Gifford

Established Member
I'll try. Quite a few of us here in Oz that have Cobras and even a few Termi's here.
Ned your help fellas with coolant crossover. Cheers

Attachments

• 2019 JANUARY (4).jpg
    2019 JANUARY (4).jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 2015-11-06 09.25.56.jpg
    2015-11-06 09.25.56.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 135
  • 20171125_132336 (2).jpg
    20171125_132336 (2).jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 20160129_120250.jpg
    20160129_120250.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 10945680_604130789719024_1123837971530433628_n.jpg
    10945680_604130789719024_1123837971530433628_n.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 123

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I dont see used crossover deletes for sale too often.

Double check your coolant oil filter housing/cooling setup against a 2003/2004 Mach 1 (no difference in model years) on a site like Ford | TascaParts.com

On my Mach I used the On3 delete kit. I used a regular Mustang GT lower radiator hose, all I had to do was trim it some on the end where it connects to the motor and it fits like a glove. The line from the crossover to the thermostat housing gets deleted because you also delete the thermostat housing. If you get the On3 kit also buy some pipe dope to get the fittings to seat completely, teflon tape did not let it seat nor did it seal. I run a 180 thermostat with a single 1/8" hole drilled in it. I have it sitting in the housing so its as close to the top as possible, no issues with burping or anything else.

Steve Gifford

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I did look at the GT oil adaptor which eliminates the thermos housing and with the GT lower hose and On3 coolant crossover delete kit with thermostat up top. Problem is its going to cost me close to $800 Aus dollars to do.
I am thinking of buying a 2001 crossover tube and have it fabricated to suit my needs. Way cheaper at this stage. But if it comes to the last resort I will do the above.
Did you install a GT oil adaptor?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the reply. I did look at the GT oil adaptor which eliminates the thermos housing and with the GT lower hose and On3 coolant crossover delete kit with thermostat up top. Problem is its going to cost me close to $800 Aus dollars to do.
I am thinking of buying a 2001 crossover tube and have it fabricated to suit my needs. Way cheaper at this stage. But if it comes to the last resort I will do the above.
Did you install a GT oil adaptor?

No I did not, I just had to trim the GT hose a little.

Ya, that’s very expensive. A competent fab guy should be able to do it way under $800. It might take a bit with the search button but I’ve seen pictures where a few guys modded their stock one you could reference

Steve Gifford

Established Member
I am trying to work how the hose on the modified crossover (yellow) connects to the radiator top section (green). Does someone have a photo showing where and how its routed to the radiator? Is it a special hose that can be purchased.

Attachments

• VORTECH RAD HOSE.jpg
    VORTECH RAD HOSE.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 118

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I am trying to work how the hose on the modified crossover (yellow) connects to the radiator top section (green). Does someone have a photo showing where and how its routed to the radiator? Is it a special hose that can be purchased.

Might be easier to find the vortech instructions online. I know procharger gives the diagrams and part numbers

Users who are viewing this thread