want to get a better 60foot Any tips

Snake500

Chelo
Established Member
:banana::banana::banana::shrug::shrug::shrug::burnout::burnout::burnout:

JustaGT5408

Established Member
mods are in sig, but i run M/T ET street radials on 15 inch rims and i ended up having a personal best last weekend. 1.658 60ft. 2nd gear burnout and hold it for about 4-5 seconds... probably not the best on stock tranny and axels but i launch at about 3800 and once i let the clutch out i put her to the floor... usually spins a little bit but it still pulls pretty damn good. just my .02

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
so why the 2nd gear burnout? I'm still trying to learn the proper way to do things so I can get the most out of my car. Seems I've got a lot of good parts but I don't know how to get the most out of what I have.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
^^ 1st gear doesn't get enough wheel speed to get heat built quickly.

I figured 2nd gear would not get enough wheel speed because it is numerically lower. Just my common sense thinking but 1st gear, higher torque because of higher rpms, 2nd gear would bog because its harder to get the wheels to start spinning in 2nd than it is in 1st. I'm just talking about a '95 Cobra though with the 5.0L engine......as long as you've got a little smoke, you're good to go right?

Last edited:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
^^ 1st gear doesn't get enough wheel speed to get heat built quickly.

I did most of my burnouts in 3rd, (95 gt w/687 rwhp 10.60 @135, 60 ft 1.48) I just wish I had the driver mod, would have been low tens at least :)

28in et streets

Black Sex

Established Member
I figured 2nd gear would not get enough wheel speed because it is numerically lower. Just my common sense thinking but 1st gear, higher torque because of higher rpms, 2nd gear would bog because its harder to get the wheels to start spinning in 2nd than it is in 1st. I'm just talking about a '95 Cobra though with the 5.0L engine......as long as you've got a little smoke, you're good to go right?

Your car will go faster in 2nd than it will in 1st. That is why you would have more wheel speed. If they have water down, pull through it and rev it to about 3K rpm dump the clutch and grab the brakes...but not too hard or it will bog the motor. When I had street tires, I would launch the car on the street in 2nd gear.

Users who are viewing this thread