Want to change color of NOTCH to White

SVTORANGE

Established Member
If anyone is interested or can help me out I want to swap my red Body parts for White body parts from any 90-93 Stang:rolling:

Mnstr50

Established Member
I'm a bit confused, what's the reason for changing panels? It's not like a corvette (where all the panels actually come off). The Mustang's roof, rear quarter panels and A-pillars will still be red. It'd be about as much work as just painting the car white. However, the issue I have with a color change is that's it's actually very labor intensive if you want to do it "right". What I mean by "right", is the door jams, trunk jams, actual trunk area, and most critically the engine compartment. It change the color in the engine bay would really involve removing the engine, engine harness, hard lines etc.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I was trying to save some time and just replace the fenders, trunk lid and hood to white. I understand everything else is not removable BUT I figured the owner prior to me had it painted and they did a horrible job.

Under the hood is black at this point.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Not sure how much time you'll save honestly. If you get a good paint job they'll be removing all that stuff again anyway. And if you just get a decent job, they are still going to sand/paint the parts you remove, so I wouldn't bother. Might as well just keep it all one color until your ready to paint it.

Mnstr50

Established Member
Not sure how much time you'll save honestly. If you get a good paint job they'll be removing all that stuff again anyway. And if you just get a decent job, they are still going to sand/paint the parts you remove, so I wouldn't bother. Might as well just keep it all one color until your ready to paint it.

I agree 100%. Keep your existing panels (especially if they're vin- correct to the car). If it's going to get a paint job, it's pointless to change panels.

Eddie Z

Established Member
Not to mention a notch looks a helluva lot better in red....just sayin. ;-)

SVTORANGE

Established Member
You think so?

Since it was originally White I think they look SIC in that color as well

Mnstr50

Established Member
I think your red notch looks SICK.

I wasn't a fan of white before, but after owning two white notchbacks, I'm surprised how good they look in white!

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Thank you for the kind words as that was pretty much the response I was looking for.

Just makes the car look so sleek in White!

Eddie Z

Established Member
LMAO - thanks let me see your Notch please!

IMG_1029_zpse3aff74d.jpg

IMG_1028_zps76b88762.jpg

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Here is my beast - HATE THE HOOD

IMAG0917_zps2585257a.jpg

IMAG0927_zpsd97ae633.jpg

IMAG0930_zps70ce28a2.jpg

IMAG0934_zps17892a1f.jpg

IMAG0940_zps458a95f9.jpg

IMAG0947_zps1a921a04.jpg

IMAG0949_zpsb84a4a4f.jpg

IMAG0950_zpsc7743a13.jpg

Full 2004 Suspension completed - Almost thinking of selling it like an idiot

Eddie Z

Established Member
Wow! That's a beautiful notch! No way I'd repaint that car. If anything throw a stock hood on it and call it a day. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread