Want to buy Diablosport tuner w/canned tunes

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
im looking to purchase a diablosport tuner/programmer for my 03 cobra.
im wanting to find one that still has the generic/canned tunes, which came already programmed into the tuner. obviously im looking for one that is unlocked, and will work with my car.

let me know what you have, and how much you want for it.

04cobra13

Established Member
Got a practically sct xcal 3 with 2 RET tunes. 1 tune is for unported eaton with a 2.76 pulley and bolt ons. Other tune is a whipple tune 17lbs.. 91 octane tunes. Asking $300 shipped.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
Got a practically sct xcal 3 with 2 RET tunes. 1 tune is for unported eaton with a 2.76 pulley and bolt ons. Other tune is a whipple tune 17lbs.. 91 octane tunes. Asking $300 shipped.

thank you for your response! however i do apologize, but i am looking for something i can just plug and play. i dont have a whipple, and im looking for the generic canned tunes (not custom tunes that were built for your car specifically)that will work with any 03-04 cobra. thanks again for your response!

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
i got one i guess the can tune is still in it

i have a ported eaton/ bap custom dyno tune in it

can you tell me more about this?

does it just have one of the original canned tunes in it, and one custom tune? do you know which canned tune is in there? ie: for pulley swap, or just bolt ons? or both?

also how much are you wanting to sell for?

black 10th vert

Established Member
Moko, honestly, your best bet would be to contact Amazon Tuning (a sponsor here), and buy a Diablo, or SCT tuner from them. The reason being, is that they will pre-load it with a custom tune for YOUR specific combo, and it costs the same as you can buy JUST the basic tuner for from everywhere else. Theirs also comes with free lifetime revisions on the tune, so if you make any upgrades down the road, they can just email you a new tune for it. It will be just as "plug and play" as if you bought a generic tuner, and the tune will be much better than the crappy canned tunes. Just something to think about...
good luck!:beer:

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
Moko, honestly, your best bet would be to contact Amazon Tuning (a sponsor here), and buy a Diablo, or SCT tuner from them. The reason being, is that they will pre-load it with a custom tune for YOUR specific combo, and it costs the same as you can buy JUST the basic tuner for from everywhere else. Theirs also comes with free lifetime revisions on the tune, so if you make any upgrades down the road, they can just email you a new tune for it. It will be just as "plug and play" as if you bought a generic tuner, and the tune will be much better than the crappy canned tunes. Just something to think about...
good luck!:beer:

well here is the deal....i have an X-Cal 2 right now that is blank with no tunes on it, and unlocked. i could send the tuner it to those places to have tunes loaded onto it...but then i would have to either data-log the tunes (which i dont know how to do), then provide feedback so they could make adjustments. or i would have to take it to a dyno tune which is 4 hours away. it just seems like less hassle to get a canned tune and run with that for a while.

Montanasvt

Established Member
well here is the deal....i have an X-Cal 2 right now that is blank with no tunes on it, and unlocked. i could send the tuner it to those places to have tunes loaded onto it...but then i would have to either data-log the tunes (which i dont know how to do), then provide feedback so they could make adjustments. or i would have to take it to a dyno tune which is 4 hours away. it just seems like less hassle to get a canned tune and run with that for a while.

Listen... dont make it seem harder than what it is... it is very simple... here's what you need to do.

1. Call Amazon Tuning Solutions ( I recommend, but you can choose whoever)
2. Give Rick your information ( mods to the car)
3. He will send you an email with an attached file (tune to your car)
4. Download software from SCT including datalog software (SCT Automotive Performance Products)
SCT Automotive Performance Products
(Pretty sure this is what you need,you can call SCT if you need help)
5. Get a Printer Cable ( one that connect to your computer and a normal printer)
6. Upload the tune onto the tuner ( using SCT software & XCal II)
7. Put tune on your vehicle ( Plug XCal II into OBDII Port)
8. Drive car and datalog ( XCal II in OBDII Port with laptop in car, Rick will tell you what to datalog)
9. Send Datalog back to tuner ( so he can revise it if needed)
10. Repeat 5-8 if needed

I would recommend buying an wideband... you can buy an AEM for pretty cheap and they work very well... other than that, you should be set... if you need further assistance you can PM me... I have done this numerous times...
*** Canned Tunes SUCK***

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
why would you want to take shortcuts with your motor? canned tunes are notorious for not being reliable..even for a short time

its not that i want to take short cuts...its just i dont know about the whole data logging thing. i dont know how to do it, and i dont have a laptop to data log with.

what would be great is if i could send my X-cal in and have a tune put on it for my car, but one that was made as a safe tune where i wouldnt have to worry about data logging and all of that. even if the tune isnt maxed out on power..as long as its a good tune and safe, and better than the stock tune.

Last edited:

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
i am with you moko, dont have the time or patience to data log and send shit back and forth. i have no desire to pay 100 an hour to dyno the thing to check a/f ratios. i would also just prefer a very safe tune that did not need checked. its not like ford dyno tuned each and every car, they have one program and run with it.

black 10th vert

Established Member
That should be no problem, just call Rick@ Amazon, he he will take care of you. I'm sure one of his "canned" tunes will still be better than a stock diablo one!

AssPikle

Established Member
Listen... dont make it seem harder than what it is... it is very simple... here's what you need to do.

1. Call Amazon Tuning Solutions ( I recommend, but you can choose whoever)
2. Give Rick your information ( mods to the car)
3. He will send you an email with an attached file (tune to your car)
4. Download software from SCT including datalog software (SCT Automotive Performance Products)
SCT Automotive Performance Products
(Pretty sure this is what you need,you can call SCT if you need help)
5. Get a Printer Cable ( one that connect to your computer and a normal printer)
6. Upload the tune onto the tuner ( using SCT software & XCal II)
7. Put tune on your vehicle ( Plug XCal II into OBDII Port)
8. Drive car and datalog ( XCal II in OBDII Port with laptop in car, Rick will tell you what to datalog)
9. Send Datalog back to tuner ( so he can revise it if needed)
10. Repeat 5-8 if needed

I would recommend buying an wideband... you can buy an AEM for pretty cheap and they work very well... other than that, you should be set... if you need further assistance you can PM me... I have done this numerous times...
*** Canned Tunes SUCK***

+1

It is easier than you might think. Rick is the best guy I have ever dealt with and is always patient with you on the phone to answer and the dumbest questions. Believe me, I have been using him for years and he is second to none as far as remote tuning. I am over 500 miles away from hima nd my car runs great. I have a local dyno I used to verify his tune and it was spot on. Do it, you wont regret it.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
it HAS to be possible..

yes it is possible..Rick can walk you through anything that needs done..or you can send the tuner to us and he will download the tune.. we do that everyday too for our customers who are not comfortable doing it themselves..
there is going to be some work on your end tho...any tune that is not dyno tuned needs to be verified..it is the only way that we will know that the tune is functioning the way it is supposed to in your vehicle..there may be mechanical issues with your car that will prevent the tune from doing what it is programmed to do..

there is always going to be effort with these cars once the modding and tuning procees begins..you can never assume anything once you deviate from stock

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
i am with you moko, dont have the time or patience to data log and send shit back and forth. i have no desire to pay 100 an hour to dyno the thing to check a/f ratios. i would also just prefer a very safe tune that did not need checked. its not like ford dyno tuned each and every car, they have one program and run with it.

Do you know how much a new motor is? The cash put out to have the A/F checked is well worth it. I guess I'm a little lucky, because a friend of mine has a dyno tune shop and I get some decent deals, but I would still do that even if I had to pay full price. Either way, it's better to make sure that the A/F is where it needs to be.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
can you tell me more about this?

does it just have one of the original canned tunes in it, and one custom tune? do you know which canned tune is in there? ie: for pulley swap, or just bolt ons? or both?

also how much are you wanting to sell for?
sorry bro forgot i posted in here

i will look @ it tonight its your standard predator with a pulley can tune , 91 oct. pulley tune , & so on

when i had it in my cobra we ( a bunch of guys from our local svtoa club ) meet a friend thats a tuner & did a custom tune for all our cars with our diffrent mods

& a custom tune is going to be WAY BETTER !!! for your car

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
sorry bro forgot i posted in here

i will look @ it tonight its your standard predator with a pulley can tune , 91 oct. pulley tune , & so on

when i had it in my cobra we ( a bunch of guys from our local svtoa club ) meet a friend thats a tuner & did a custom tune for all our cars with our diffrent mods

& a custom tune is going to be WAY BETTER !!! for your car

cool let me know

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
yes it is possible..Rick can walk you through anything that needs done..or you can send the tuner to us and he will download the tune.. we do that everyday too for our customers who are not comfortable doing it themselves..
there is going to be some work on your end tho...any tune that is not dyno tuned needs to be verified..it is the only way that we will know that the tune is functioning the way it is supposed to in your vehicle..there may be mechanical issues with your car that will prevent the tune from doing what it is programmed to do..

there is always going to be effort with these cars once the modding and tuning procees begins..you can never assume anything once you deviate from stock

i might just end up taking this route...

thanks for your responses and help Linn.

Users who are viewing this thread