Want to buy a brand new 2005 Ford GT?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So Hawk Ford, a Ford dealer in Illinois, is offering up a 13-year-old ‘new’ FGT for $449,900! It's never been registered and has only 4 miles on the odometer. Yep, 4 miles! ;) Note that the video below says 'Zimmerman Ford' because the dealership was sold in 2017 to Hawk Ford. The FGT in the video is the one now being sold for $449,000. by Hawk.

Here's the full Fox News report. Ford dealer selling 'brand new' 2005 GT supercar

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Two miles! His Heritage edition is definitely worth BIG money. Does he have any other rare cars?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd be afraid to drive it. I once bought a car from Consumer Reports after they finished with their testing. Another guy had bought a car from them the same day. He literally got into his "new" car, drove 50 feet and got broadsided be another car. So yeah, I'd be a bit paranoid about driving any car worth a half mil or so. LOL.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I wonder what my buddy’s Heritage edition with 2 miles on it is worth?

#1 car on my bucket list.

Two miles! His Heritage edition is definitely worth BIG money. Does he have any other rare cars?

He has a great collection, including another GT - his “driver” that had a little over 1,000 miles on it last time I visited. Some of his other cars are the 289 Cobra from Viva Las Vegas starring Elvis and Anne Margaret, ‘57 F-Bird, 17k mile Hemi 4-speed Challenger, 1 of 26 Hudson Italia’s built...the list goes on and on. It is jaw-dropping to say the least. He’s such a great guy too.

Your buddy needs to drive it, man!

Haha - I hear ya - he’s lucky to have another GT!

Zemedici

Established Member
$450k is a deal honestly. Beat on high mileage GTs still go for big $

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

same thing I thought. Cars with miles go for this much already.

Put tires on one when I was writing service at ford. Same options as this car.

Super surreal to drive. Loved the interior.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Had I won the lottery, this car would be in the garage of my $150K house right now. LMAO

Replace fluids, belts, hoses, etc. and drive the piss out of it!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
He has a great collection, including another GT - his “driver” that had a little over 1,000 miles on it last time I visited. Some of his other cars are the 289 Cobra from Viva Las Vegas starring Elvis and Anne Margaret, ‘57 F-Bird, 17k mile Hemi 4-speed Challenger, 1 of 26 Hudson Italia’s built...the list goes on and on. It is jaw-dropping to say the least. He’s such a great guy too.

Haha - I hear ya - he’s lucky to have another GT!
Wow, that is one impressive list of cars he has. If I had a big collection like that, I for sure would include a man-cave fit for a king and just retreat there to gaze at my collection when I wanted to just chill/relax.

blk02edge

Established Member

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
$450k is a deal honestly. Beat on high mileage GTs still go for big $

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Only a deal if you never drive it, which is too bad with this type of car. The only way this car makes sense at this price if it remains a museum piece.

You can still find very nice examples out there for $250-$300K.

Users who are viewing this thread