Want some advice on ebay

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
On ebay there have been several snowmobile auctions for newer, if not new sleds for relatively cheap prices. On all of them you must be a pre-approved bidder, but the catch is, they will provide free shipping from Italy, or lithuania or some small country over there. Would any of you bite the bullet and buy one, or would you demand that it be C.O.D.?? Or just say to yourself this is a scam and keep browsing?? Thanks for any advice. Aaron.:beer:

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
I would be carefull broke7 found a picture of his sled(that he wasn't selling) up for bid on Ebay not saying its the same people just saying check out anyone on ebay very carefully before sending them your money and then use some sort of payment method you can easily reverse if the product doesn't show up.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I always try to be really careful about my ebay purchases. But I thought that being over seas it would be harder to get your money back:shrug: But if they don't want to COD I think I will know my answer. Too many damn scammers on ebay now.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
You are probably right about it being harder to get your money back from overseas. Anyone who is honestly planning on sending you the sled should meet you half way, so to speek on payment methods. but it sounds like you allready Know that.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I wouldnt buy a big ticket item from overseas. But check out their feedback and rating and see what others have said about them. If they are legit sellers they should have at least a rating of 100.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
The sellers say that all customs, import fees everything is included in the price of the auction. That I send the money and 5 days later the sled arrives at my house. NO messing around, no hassles.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Use Pay Pal or a service like it. You send Pay Pal the money and they hold it until you get the sled. You check the sled out and if it's ok, release the money. No hassles. Most reputable sellers will let you use Pay Pal. There's a fee for using it but it's worth it in my opinion for the peace of mind.

jonas

Established Member
i dont by crap form overseas especially a place like lithuania.

Look at their feedback. That should give you an idea. for something like a snowmobile id look for at least 100 or so transactions with at least a few at the same pricerange of the snowmobile and make sure they are sales.

certified check cod is great if there is a trust issues on both sides but he can always ship you a bag of charcoal

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobrablack
They all do, but it is little small things, and not big ticket items. So do you think it would be safe to do if they would COD??

If you could do COD and have an inspection of the item at the time of delivery before paying. Because it could arrive and just not be right.

Users who are viewing this thread