Want new/better suspension. Help!

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Ok, right now I am lowered on FRPP L Springs with a BMR panhard bar. The car didn't really seem lower when I lowered it with this set up. I have read that the Eibach Pro sits low and is great ride quality. I want mine to sit a bit lower and have good ride quality. Is this the right kit for me?

I have also heard about guys changing their shocks too to help out. I drive my car about 40 miles per day seeing as its my DD. I hardly ever race, since nobody here will race me :( so I'm not really worried about doing UCA and LCAs.

One more thing, when I had my car aligned after I lowered it, even after 2 attempts the NTB here couldn't get it perfect, as it still pulls a tad to the left. Will adjustable caster/camber plates help NTB get it perfect?

Sorry for sounding like a noob, but I've never really done suspension work on any of my cars :(

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
I have the Eibach pro kit and it isn't bad at all. (All my mods in signature.) I haven't had the L springs but have heard great things about them. Just be careful not to get the Eibach springs that lower it 2". I heard the ride on those were very harsh. I forgot the name of them though. Basically the track springs. Anyway, if you want to go lower you may want to look up how much the L springs lower the car vs the Eibachs and go from there. Remember it will take a little while for them to "settle" and get to that ride height that is advertised. As far as you camber goes, you should be fine with camber bolts. Eibach makes them and they are much cheaper than the plates. Might want to look into them. Hope this helps!

barspen

Established Member
Ok, right now I am lowered on FRPP L Springs with a BMR panhard bar. The car didn't really seem lower when I lowered it with this set up. I have read that the Eibach Pro sits low and is great ride quality. I want mine to sit a bit lower and have good ride quality. Is this the right kit for me?

I have also heard about guys changing their shocks too to help out. I drive my car about 40 miles per day seeing as its my DD. I hardly ever race, since nobody here will race me :( so I'm not really worried about doing UCA and LCAs.

One more thing, when I had my car aligned after I lowered it, even after 2 attempts the NTB here couldn't get it perfect, as it still pulls a tad to the left. Will adjustable caster/camber plates help NTB get it perfect?

Sorry for sounding like a noob, but I've never really done suspension work on any of my cars :(

Sounds like we are a similar situation. DD, 40-miles each way and even same year & color :p Suspension mods were first on the list.

I saw a major difference in front end handling when I switched to greasable Poly swaybar bushings and adjustable end-links. Stocker rubber bushings are 'glued' to the bar so it can't articulate properly. Night and day different steering into hard turns with Poly...and reasonable cost. Highly recommend this.

I believe you will need CC plates to dial-in the front alignment perfectly. I have the same drifting issue after FRPP springs were installed, but it's not that bad for me.

As far as shocks\struts - I just installed Koni STR.T (Orange) on all 4 corners. Nice upgrade and smooths out the ride a bit, but not a dramatic difference for a DD. They are on sale with many vendors. Also recommended, especially after you rack up some miles on the OE suspension.

BLK03SVT

Mike
Established Member
I was sitting on the same setup you are- FRPP springs and the BMR Panhard bar. Couldn't get the car aligned properly due to the drop. Car is apart in my garage now and I'm installing the Maximum Motorsports CC Plates along with FRPP Shocks/Struts and front/rear stabilizers (sway bars). I'll let you know the results this weekend after I get everything installed.

- Aj -

Established Member
Mods in my sig - the Eibach Pro Kit lowers the car slightly, the Sportlines lower the car two inches. Bigger wheels will also help fill out the wheel wells, such as what I swapped to.

NoSlowGT

Established Member
Premium Member
I was sitting on the same setup you are- FRPP springs and the BMR Panhard bar. Couldn't get the car aligned properly due to the drop. Car is apart in my garage now and I'm installing the Maximum Motorsports CC Plates along with FRPP Shocks/Struts and front/rear stabilizers (sway bars). I'll let you know the results this weekend after I get everything installed.

Awesome. Let me know!!

speedrx

Established Member
I went with the Eibach Pro-Street-S coilover system, it is fully adjustable so you can lower it to the desired ride height. Shelby has been using this system on the SS conversions with good results. I added the FRPP adj. panhard bar and didn't need the CC plates for alignment.

Saikodi

Established Member

I am glad you started this thread. I am in a similar situation with respect to the number of miles per day (28 miles each way). So I want to improve the suspension on the car, improve the handling and lower it as well. Also, I will never race the car. However, my car is still completely stock. So my options are open.

I have been watching other threads on here and it seems like the coil overs are the best way to go. I havent decided on anything but the col overs seem to have some good opinions. Let me know what you decide on.

NoSlowGT

Established Member
Premium Member
I went with the Eibach Pro-Street-S coilover system, it is fully adjustable so you can lower it to the desired ride height. Shelby has been using this system on the SS conversions with good results. I added the FRPP adj. panhard bar and didn't need the CC plates for alignment.

Hows the ride quality? Is this the kit you went with?

Eibach Mustang Pro-Street Coil-Over Kit - Eibach - Coil-Over Kits - Suspension - 2011-2012 - Ford SVT Shelby GT500 - Vehicle Selector - Shop Now

speedrx

Established Member

Yes, I believe that is the kit although I got mine through SPP during their summer sale. The ride will be stiffer and handling better but not harsh. You can adjust the ride height until you get it where you want it unlike standard lowering springs which just go to one height. At first it took some getting used to but now it just seems like this is they way it should be all along. I also have the 20" Alcoa's with Michelins which add some stiffness, traction, and handling improvements on their own.

NoSlowGT

Established Member
Premium Member
Are UCA and LCAs necessary to do this also? Again, I never race this car. I simply want it lower while still maintaining good ride quality. (I know, I want my cake and I wanna eat it too lol)

Users who are viewing this thread