Want Easier Clutch Pull

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
Ok, I was kinda anal about this thing with my motorcycle as well. I like to have a really easy pull on my clutch. BAsically, are those aftermarket quadrants capable of providing a "less force needed" to disengage the clutch? Not sure if they make a juice clutch cable for these cars, anyone ever heard of it? Anyway, any info on making it easier for me to push the pedal in would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!

stangin

Established Member
I would like a nice hydraulic clutch setup for the Cobra, could get away with a heavier clutch and still have a lite pedal. Anyone make the hydraulic setup for the Cobra?

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
NuKex....already the Clutch is hard on ur leg? :eek:

Dude the SpecII that i got installed by XMP is sweet. Feels like my Focus clutch & its so easy to push down on.

As for the Clutch Quadrant i was very happy with it. Adjustable from low to high engagement :D Pedle feel was about the same still.

Good Luck...but in a week or so u will be used to it.

:thumbsup:

Snake Eyes

Established Member
Jeeeze! That is all ya hear out of new cobra owners is the clutch is soo hard to push in the E brake is so hard to pull up (or the interior is so crappy), then go to the gym! No, seriously you will get use to it. Drive the car for another month or two and you wont even notice it any more. Then go drive a manual 4 cylinder... You will almost put the clutch pedal through the floor board!!! And all you will be able to think is man this clutch is so weak, they need to stiffen this thing up before I break this stupid car.

I like that my clutch is hard (not to me) to push in. Very few people have driven my car but when someone asks why it is so hard to push in I say, I have a high performance clutch that clamps with a ton of pressure to hold all this power. Hell I installed a steeda quick release clutch quadrant that made my pedal travel shorter (faster shifts) but my effort is higher. Its mechanical advantage, either you want a short heavy push in or a long easy push.

Trust me just give it time.

Kyle

SVT-Class

Established Member
My friend has a Focus and i don't like driving it cause of the clutch.. theres no feel to it at ALL... but i guess this is a matter of opinion... When i get in and drive my mustang or one of my friend's mustang (1993 Cobra) the pedal is hard to push in but there is more control and quickness to it that a clutch on a focus for example can't do. owell happy motoring...

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
heh, I guess u guys are right.....quick ups to 4k and granny shifting, I Still lay rubber into 3rd!!!!!!!! And i still dont know howto drive it :)

Users who are viewing this thread