Walbro twin 255lph fuel pump install. **PICS**

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
My buddy finally got back from leave and we decided to install the Walbro twin 255lph Fuel Pumps yesterday. It was very easy and I am totally satisfied with how this project turned out. Here are some pics of the install...

Here is a pic of the kit I got from LFP... Minus the QA1's of course. :)
Picture013.jpg

We decided to remove the bed to do this because we did the QA1's at the same time. This was pretty easy considering we had a crane to work with. All we had to do was remove the 3 screws inside the fuel door that hold the filler neck in the bed and disconnect the plug for the tail lights that was located at the left rear of the frame. We also found out that we had to pop out the license plate lights. We also had to remove the 6 bed bolts of course.
Picture_001.jpg

Picture_003.jpg

Picture_006.jpg

Picture_007.jpg

Next we located the fuel tank and where the lid was that contained the fuel pump assembly.
Picture_008.jpg

Then we removed the fuel lines and wrapped them with rags and unplugged the power source.
Picture023-1.jpg

Picture024-1.jpg

Then we removed the 6 screws that hold the assembly in the tank and removed the assembly. It was a little tricky, but it came right out.
Picture025.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture027-1.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Then we went to changing everything over. Sorry, I got a little involved and didn't take any pics of the change over.
Picture030-1.jpg

Here is a comparison shot of one of the old (blue) pumps and one of the new ones.
Picture031.jpg

This is a shot of the SS Y-Fitting I used instead of the factory plastic one.
Picture024.jpg

Picture032.jpg

And here is everything put back together. We decided to reuse the factory tank seal. It was in excellent condition and was stuck on there pretty good.
Picture017.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Here's a shot of the hose you want to use. Other hoses aren't designed for use with in-tank applications and the fuel will degrade the rubber and cause it to bulge. In some cases, hoses have blown from the degradation. This hose is 30R10 rated which is the specification for submersible fuel hose...
Picture016-1.jpg

Maybe it is my mind playing tricks, but the L feels like it runs a little different now. No extra power or anything, but different. You can also definitely hear these pumps kick on when you turn the key forward.

If anyone has any questions, please PM me and I will do my best to help you. :beer:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread