Walbro 450lph pump (e85)

Benchracer

Established Member
Anyone using this pump? Is it a direct drop in for our cars? How much horsepower will our stock fuel line support on e85? Could you just upgrade to a bigger feed line with this pump, and keep a returnless style set up with it? Sorry for all the questions as I am new to returnless fuel systems. I understand how they work but only to a certain extent.

alex12gt

Established Member
i think slagburn put one in but the stock pump is already a 430 i think? i know its over 400 and he said he didnt see much of a gain really the only 2 options at this point are the jpc triple hat and the bbr jackal system both about $1500......

most bolt on cars can run e85 with a bap and 47lb injectors

D.T.R

Established Member
$1500 and what do you get?
does it include pumps, lines, fails, filter(s) , etc?

D.T.R

Established Member
Honestly, that's not a bad price...
I've had to go this route with my Honda, and piece all that together myself... and yeah it was way more expensive than this deal. Hell, just the pumps hanger/hat alone was $500.

Benchracer

Established Member
I've heard speculations that the stock pump is 400lph not 430lph. But even then, I believe that was just guesses and not factual or tested. A single walbro 255lph pump will support 600-700hp and the most I have heard from our stock pumps is 800hp. That's a lot but a 400lph pump should support more than that, especially with a bap. A 450lph should be capable of well over 1000hp with a bap.

alex12gt

Established Member
I've heard speculations that the stock pump is 400lph not 430lph. But even then, I believe that was just guesses and not factual or tested. A single walbro 255lph pump will support 600-700hp and the most I have heard from our stock pumps is 800hp. That's a lot but a 400lph pump should support more than that, especially with a bap. A 450lph should be capable of well over 1000hp with a bap.

several people have had them out its not just speculation ans yeah 800 can be done with a bap but most say 750 is really starting to push it give me a few and ill track the theads down

Benchracer

Established Member

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
It's a 400. My car was running lean of target lambda due to maxed fuel, the 405 gained .01-.02 lambda. Not much difference. Sounds like you want to put the pump in anyway, go right ahead and let us know how it worked. :)

Benchracer

Established Member
Lets say the stock pump is in fact 400lph. I would imagine the stock 3/8 fuel line would hinder your hp before the pump would, meaning the 800hp was because of the line restriction and not the pump and just an upgraded line would net significant gains in fuel flow upwards of 900+hp.

alex12gt

Established Member
If the lines could be changed to provide more flow and support more hp with a pump....dont ya think someone would be selling a kit to do so

Benchracer

Established Member
Throw one in and change the lines let us know how 30lph and increasing line size works out...

I'm not a guinea pig so I'm not going to "throw" anything in. I do research before I buy or install any part for my car. I'll let you guys know what I find though

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
I heard that the limiting factor is the internal regulator in the stock pump will regulate to 55 psi and no more. Would be nice if someone figured out how to manipulate the stock regulator, the KB BAP would have more room to "turn things up."

Users who are viewing this thread