Vp 110 race fuel

truculentSVT

Established Member
Only thing is, it will coat your o2 sensors. What I don't understand is why people want to run race fuel who don't need it.

And VP 110 does have a shelf life, and in a opened drum its even shorter. If the drum is not fresh I would beware. In an open drum, it will last about a racing season safely. (6 months or so, give or take a little). Sealed its said to last up to 2 years, but i'd still be sceptical after the first year. Depending how the opened drum is stored will determine how long it will last (moisture, sunlight, temp., ect.)

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Don't run leaded with Cats, the VP C and Q16 is run in Rob's Outlaw car and he has a Large number of sensors logged in the racepak including 02's, he's gone two seasons with the same ones...

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Damn fellas relax I guess if someone says that it is damaging to my car? then that's what I would like to know But to say its a waste and not explain in any form isn't really helpful.
But yes I explained to my tuner lidio from alternative if it would hurt to add a gallon or so to every 5 or so gallons and he said no If others disagree please explain
Thanks
Like Kevin said your current tune file isn't setup for a race fuel mixture, added benefits could be gained adding timing etc.. but you'll need a revision or something like a flipchip to hold multiple tunes..:beer:

bakers4v4_6

Established Member
This is why ppl ask questions to get others opinions I guess I will be calling my tuner and talking to him about this because my car was tuned with a small amount of 110 and if that is gonna throw off my tune maybe I will be taking it back. But I guess regardless of the 110 I can't imagine 93 pump gas is accurate from station to station. Would that make any difference?

bakers4v4_6

Established Member
And I have an off road x so no worries on the cats.. But I've had this car for 10yrs and ran a small amount of 110 without any problems with the 02s Have I just been getting lucky this whole time ?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
As I said before Rob runs leaded in his race car with 02's, for a daily driver I'd say the chances of fouling quicker is good, how long they perform without issues I don't know..
Is the fuel in it's original blue VP drum?

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
My car was tuned with VP110 on 23psi and 22* timing, I switch it up and run the same tune with 5gal 93 mixed with torco to make 105--Run's 9's and daily drive it all the time.

I actually run 23psi and 17* on just 93 pump and have no issues.

Eric Brooks tunes my car if you were wondering.

testorossa1989

Established Member
my car was tuned with vp110 on 23psi and 22* timing, i switch it up and run the same tune with 5gal 93 mixed with torco to make 105--run's 9's and daily drive it all the time.

I actually run 23psi and 17* on just 93 pump and have no issues.

Eric brooks tunes my car if you were wondering.

+1

bakers4v4_6

Established Member
well I suppose I will buy it and figure out what to do with it later I will just call lidio again and ask what his opinions are I currently have 2 seperate tunes but maybe i would or could add a third if possible since i need to take my car back in the spring anyway

Team Paulie

Established Member
VP has a shelf life,the date is stamped on the bottom of the can/drum,usually unopend they are good for 8-10 months,opened can cut that in half, I am also a VP dealer and sell it here at the shop,right now looking at a almost empty pallet of C12/U4.4 and have a truck coming in in a week with three pallets and a few customer orders on it.

Its a good deal just to keep it on hand and use it for what ever,run it in your chainsaw and watch that sucker eat up wood like no tomorrow....

truculentSVT

Established Member
If you are tuned for a mixture than run the mixture. But if you are tuned for 93, the 110 will richen up your a/f ratio. If you have a good, solid a/f ratio on 93 then add the 110 will put you on the rich side, making the car feel a little more sluggish, and running a good chance at fouling the plugs n such.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
The stoich point for the 93 you are running (which is E10) is around 14.1

The stoich point of VP 110 is 15.09.

So by adding a higher stoich point fuel, it would cause the tune to go slightly rich due to not needing as much fuel.

This would all be dependent on the mix of course which would have to be exactly the same ratio every time respectively.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
The stoich point for the 93 you are running (which is E10) is around 14.1

The stoich point of VP 110 is 15.09.

So by adding a higher stoich point fuel, it would cause the tune to go slightly rich due to not needing as much fuel.

This would all be dependent on the mix of course which would have to be exactly the same ratio every time respectively.

Exactly. And if you get it too lean? POP

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
I don't see how he could make it too lean if his car is tuned for 93 and he is adding any amount of vp110 it only risks being rich or even more rich depending on mixture, right? So it's not necessarily the smartest move, but not going to hurt anything..

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
My tank is never full so a gal or so of 110 into my tank of 93 absolutely makes a difference in the octane boost so I guess unless your unsure of the benfit of octane boost? then I'm unsure of your question?
And yes my car was tuned with a 93/110 mixture

And yea I have a few ppl interested in picking some up so it prolly won't last long I will prolly only keep enough to last a summer which the limited amount I drive my car will prolly only be 5 gallons.

turbotrail93 said:
I don't see how he could make it too lean if his car is tuned for 93 and he is adding any amount of vp110 it only risks being rich or even more rich depending on mixture, right? So it's not necessarily the smartest move, but not going to hurt anything..

Maybe you should read the thread; the exact mixture was never specified.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Maybe you should read the thread; the exact mixture was never specified.

I did read he said he never fills his tank but ads a gallon of 110 for octane booster..

That gives me the impression that he always has more 93 than 110 at all times, which given the stoich lesson we got above he would do nothing more than run rich..because I highly doubt when he was tuned he ran 10 gal of 110 to 2-3 of 93, because that's just pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread