Vp 110 race fuel

bakers4v4_6

Established Member
Just curious a guy at work switched over to ethanol and has about 35 gallons left of vp 110 in his drum he offered to sell it to me for $120 I figured that was a good deal I don't run it straight I just like to blend a gal or so into my tank. But wasn't sure if there was a shelf life or anything on something like this?
Or anything else I should be aware of ?
Thanks

stangbanger856

Established Member
10 gallons of 93 + 2 gallons of 103 = 95.8 octane.

5 gallons of 93 + 2 gallons of 103= 97.8 octane.

If it was me it would be 5 gallons of 110 at all times. Hahaha

oldmodman

Established Member
Two bad he didn't have ten drums at that price. You could have gone into business.

That should keep you in higher octane street gas for at least a year.

bakers4v4_6

Established Member
My tank is never full so a gal or so of 110 into my tank of 93 absolutely makes a difference in the octane boost so I guess unless your unsure of the benfit of octane boost? then I'm unsure of your question?
And yes my car was tuned with a 93/110 mixture

And yea I have a few ppl interested in picking some up so it prolly won't last long I will prolly only keep enough to last a summer which the limited amount I drive my car will prolly only be 5 gallons.

03kevo

Established Member
10 gallons of 93 + 2 gallons of 103 = 95.8 octane.

5 gallons of 93 + 2 gallons of 103= 97.8 octane.

If it was me it would be 5 gallons of 110 at all times. Hahaha

fakesurprise.gif

reallyb.gif

Care to explain how you got those numbers. Something like an equation or something like that should get you off the hook....

And yeah while you are at, could you explain the stoichmetric values of the mixtures, and also while you are at it please explain....

hgczj.gif

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Probably one of those people who like it for the smell and thinks it adds power :shrug:

What kind of tuner will tune a forced induction car on mixing gas? Too many variables.

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
Who cares if he wants to buy it for the smell, taste, color, etc? His question was whether or not it was a good bargain.
If his car was tuned with a precise mixture of 93 and 110, it certainly can't hurt to add it, and likely to help.
At that price, I'd buy it just bc It's a great deal. It does smell good too, don't act like it doesn't! Haha, I'm kidding of course..

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

03kevo

Established Member
Who cares if he wants to buy it for the smell, taste, color, etc? His question was whether or not it was a good bargain.
If his car was tuned with a precise mixture of 93 and 110, it certainly can't hurt to add it, and likely to help.
At that price, I'd buy it just bc It's a great deal. It does smell good too, don't act like it doesn't! Haha, I'm kidding of course..

^^^^^ Can somebody please
makeitstop.gif

Who cares? I do. Its people like you that come here and post wrong information about shit you dont know that ends up costing a lot of money for those that are dumb enough not to do research before trying something.

Now, tell us how do you tune a car with a mixture 93 and VP110 with a precise mixture of 10:2 gallons respectively.

nickcagelol.gif

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
^^^^^ Can somebody please
makeitstop.gif

Who cares? I do. Its people like you that come here and post wrong information about shit you dont know that ends up costing a lot of money for those that are dumb enough not to do research before trying something.

Now, tell us how do you tune a car with a mixture 93 and VP110 with a precise mixture of 10:2 gallons respectively.

nickcagelol.gif

duh, everytime he is out of fuel, he drains his tank and gets out ye trusty old measuring buckets and octane tester :lol:

03kevo

Established Member

duh, everytime he is out of fuel, he drains his tank and gets out ye trusty old measuring buckets and octane tester :lol:

whatlf.gif

whyy.gif

bakers4v4_6

Established Member
Damn fellas relax I guess if someone says that it is damaging to my car? then that's what I would like to know But to say its a waste and not explain in any form isn't really helpful.
But yes I explained to my tuner lidio from alternative if it would hurt to add a gallon or so to every 5 or so gallons and he said no If others disagree please explain
Thanks

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
First off, if you mix the fuel, your tune will be off. The stoich being different will throw off your A/F.

Second, the fuel is leaded. This kills O2 sensors.

Third. Unless you had your car tuned for the "Exact" blend, the tune will never be correct or the same.

It's your money, do what you want. You asked for advice.

I would save my $$$

Users who are viewing this thread