Voting with Dollars : Mopar / No Car

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member

View attachment 1587768View attachment 1587769

I got mine with the Heated/Cooled Suede seats so I have both front seats and rear. I plan to pick up the delete kit from Mopar ($240).

As for FI, the problem is the ring gap needs to be filled open. But, once your that far, just change out the pistons. The ring lands are very thin and at the top of the piston.

Luckily there are drop in pistons and even piston/rod kits for cheap. Just pull it, drop them in, upgrade the headgasket, valve springs, delete MDS, Cam, Hellcat Oil pump, ARP studs... And good to go. It's OHV unlike a Coyote so it's a lot less misserible of a task.

I don't plan to do anything until it's paid off and the warranty is just a distant memory in a few years. At that point, I might throw the 392 into my Tacoma and just drop a HC pull out into the 1320.

As for stock times, Dodge claims 11.7, people have hit 11.5. One guy with skinnies managed 11.3.

Cars can put down nearly 490whp with an E85 tune.

Well when ya say it like that.....pretty nice as is.

just something about the Green I like....

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Well when ya say it like that.....pretty nice as is.

just something about the Green I like....
Yup, no way I was going to get a used HC under $60k in F8, let alone for $43k with extended factory warranty (8yr/60k bumper to bumper).

Found a picture of the old Plymouth.

068e36a2.jpg~original.jpeg

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
That color really pops in person... My Aunt's husband has a charger Hellcat in that same color with the saddle leather , and Brass Monkey Wheels, that thing is real sharp. Nice car man.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s a bad bitch. I would have a hard time choosing this car or a hellcat.

HC is just ... everywhere and almost played out, dare I say.

Very cool sir, very cool. I dig it!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I was about to say, please for the love of god don't leave those stupid guards on.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Sweet car. Color is tits. Hood pins and lip guards are gay.
I'd have never in a million years installed Hood Pins, it would never have been on my radar.

However, they've actually grown on me, despite being a needless PITA. Dealer took offense when I said they are "non functional", a mater of symantics since the car has a hood latch.

As for guards, see above.

F8 Green and Suede Heated/Cooled seats were a must. Only 3 cars in 500 miles came up with that combo. The Challenger "Hounds tooth" seats are the cheapest feeling garbage ever.

One car, in Merrillville, had been sitting out doors in a gravel parking lot for months. Clear coat was pealing around from fender lips, it had a ding in the hood, a ding and chip in the passenger door. Floor mats had mud on them and the valves ticked something fierce at start up. The tires had flat spots, so thump-thump-thump down the road. Hard Pass.

The other car was way down south and had a MSRP almost $4k more because of options I did not want. This included a sunroof that robs nearly 3" of head space (I'm 6'5) and the Harman Kardon stereo.

Barracuda Spoiler is also tits and really completes the look.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd have never in a million years installed Hood Pins, it would never have been on my radar.

However, they've actually grown on me, despite being a needless PITA. Dealer took offense when I said they are "non functional", a mater of symantics since the car has a hood latch.

As for guards, see above.

F8 Green and Suede Heated/Cooled seats were a must. Only 3 cars in 500 miles came up with that combo. The Challenger "Hounds tooth" seats are the cheapest feeling garbage ever.

One car, in Merrillville, had been sitting out doors in a gravel parking lot for months. Clear coat was pealing around from fender lips, it had a ding in the hood, a ding and chip in the passenger door. Floor mats had mud on them and the valves ticked something fierce at start up. The tires had flat spots, so thump-thump-thump down the road. Hard Pass.

The other car was way down south and had a MSRP almost $4k more because of options I did not want. This included a sunroof that robs nearly 3" of head space (I'm 6'5) and the Harman Kardon stereo.

Barracuda Spoiler is also tits and really completes the look.

So they were dealer installed? Damn, that sucks. I’d remove them and get the hood wrapped matte black. It will look killer with that color.

Users who are viewing this thread