Vossen cv3's

dc2r

Established Member
As far as the warranty it says under normal and reasonable use, so it may cover accidental damage like potholes who knows. Ill give them a call and go from there, thanks for all the responses.

please keep us informed. don't want to be the buyer who ends up with a wheel/tire too expensive to repair or needs to be replaced

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
The fact that some of you would try to have a wheel warrantied because it smacked a pothole so badly it bend, shows a lot about your character.

Not trying to get in a pissing match about this but...Please...We arent talking about a 100 dollar rim here... We all arent millionaires and can afford to dump 600 bucks for another rim at the drop of a hat. Calling and asking Vossen doesn't hurt.

Talking down to people says a lot about your character BTW.

Last edited:

Svt_Eric

Established Member
Put a call into vossen and they said there is nothing they can do. They told me to contact the retailer from which i bought the wheels and go from there. I will look for a wheel repair shop when I get back from vacation on sunday as well, so i can at least see the severity of it.

PhillyStyle

Established Member
Nah to be honest I'm just looking to get rid of them, if your close and we could do a pickup maybe we could negotiate on the price a little, i just moved into a new house and could use the $$

Pm your bottom price. I may be able work something out.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Not trying to get in a pissing match about this but...Please...We arent talking about a 100 dollar rim here... We all arent millionaires and can afford to dump 600 bucks for another rim at the drop of a hat. Maybe you should be more careful or buy less expensive wheels then. Calling and asking Vossen doesn't hurt.

Talking down to people says a lot about your character BTW.

I don't care if it's a $100 rim or a $1,000 rim. Being a millionaire shouldn't effect anything either.

Is it unfortunate that someone bashed an expensive rim against a curb/pothole? Yes, but is that in any way shape or form the manufacturers fault? Absolutely not!

Steel, aluminum, or any other type of metal is going to bend when you bolt it to a 2 ton car and smack it against concrete. Sorry.

You can ask Vossen all you want, doesn't hurt me, but be honest with them when you call. Tell them the rim smacked some concrete and you want them to fix it for you, for free. They'll love that.

I curbed one of my True Forged chicanes a few years ago and do you know what I did?? I called Steve and ordered a new wheel. Not because I'm a millionaire, but because it was my mistake.

Maybe I should have said, "Steve, I rubbed one of your wheels against a curb and it scratched it. Completely my fault, but will you replace it for free for me? Come on, these aren't $100 wheels."

Doesn't that just sound stupid?

Do you know what Vossen might do though if you're honest? Probably the same thing Steve did with me. They might feel bad about your misfortune and sell you 1 new wheel at a highly discounted price.

Accept a little responsibility.

I'm sorry you see me pointing out that you're not being honest, looks like me talking down to you, but I'm not the one trying to talk a company out of a $600 rim.

:beer:

-Brian

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
I don't care if it's a $100 rim or a $1,000 rim. Being a millionaire shouldn't effect anything either.

Is it unfortunate that someone bashed an expensive rim against a curb/pothole? Yes, but is that in any way shape or form the manufacturers fault? Absolutely not!

Steel, aluminum, or any other type of metal is going to bend when you bolt it to a 2 ton car and smack it against concrete. Sorry.

You can ask Vossen all you want, doesn't hurt me, but be honest with them when you call. Tell them the rim smacked some concrete and you want them to fix it for you, for free. They'll love that.

I curbed one of my True Forged chicanes a few years ago and do you know what I did?? I called Steve and ordered a new wheel. Not because I'm a millionaire, but because it was my mistake.

Maybe I should have said, "Steve, I rubbed one of your wheels against a curb and it scratched it. Completely my fault, but will you replace it for free for me? Come on, these aren't $100 wheels."

Doesn't that just sound stupid?

Do you know what Vossen might do though if you're honest? Probably the same thing Steve did with me. They might feel bad about your misfortune and sell you 1 new wheel at a highly discounted price.

Accept a little responsibility.

I'm sorry you see me pointing out that you're not being honest, looks like me talking down to you, but I'm not the one trying to talk a company out of a $600 rim.

:beer:

-Brian

Do you even realize its not my wheel or my thread??

Calling and asking doesn't hurt and you will never change my mind about that. I never told the OP to call Vossen and demand a new wheel because he hit a pot hole.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Do you even realize its not my wheel or my thread??

Calling and asking doesn't hurt and you will never change my mind about that. I never told the OP to call Vossen and demand a new wheel because he hit a pot hole.

I just did, and I'd like to apologize to the OP for ruining his for sale thread.

If you think it's ok to call and ask, then it's your right to suggest that.

Have a good day.

-Brian

Svt_Eric

Established Member
Bump guys, All moved into my new place and could use the money. No room for these anymore, just want to unload them quick. 2100 shipped OBO is the new price, local pickup preferred!

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread