• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Vossen cv3's

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by Svt_Eric, Jun 30, 2013.

1. dc2r

dc2r Member Established Member

please keep us informed. don't want to be the buyer who ends up with a wheel/tire too expensive to repair or needs to be replaced

2. VETTEHUNTER

VETTEHUNTER No cure for this disease. Established Member

Not trying to get in a pissing match about this but...Please...We arent talking about a 100 dollar rim here... We all arent millionaires and can afford to dump 600 bucks for another rim at the drop of a hat. Calling and asking Vossen doesn't hurt.

Talking down to people says a lot about your character BTW.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  3. Svt_Eric

Svt_Eric New Member Established Member

Put a call into vossen and they said there is nothing they can do. They told me to contact the retailer from which i bought the wheels and go from there. I will look for a wheel repair shop when I get back from vacation on sunday as well, so i can at least see the severity of it.

4. PhillyStyle

PhillyStyle New Member Established Member

Pm your bottom price. I may be able work something out.

5. blkGT500nCA

blkGT500nCA Well-Known Member Established Member

I don't care if it's a $100 rim or a $1,000 rim. Being a millionaire shouldn't effect anything either.

Is it unfortunate that someone bashed an expensive rim against a curb/pothole? Yes, but is that in any way shape or form the manufacturers fault? Absolutely not!

Steel, aluminum, or any other type of metal is going to bend when you bolt it to a 2 ton car and smack it against concrete. Sorry.

You can ask Vossen all you want, doesn't hurt me, but be honest with them when you call. Tell them the rim smacked some concrete and you want them to fix it for you, for free. They'll love that.

I curbed one of my True Forged chicanes a few years ago and do you know what I did?? I called Steve and ordered a new wheel. Not because I'm a millionaire, but because it was my mistake.

Maybe I should have said, "Steve, I rubbed one of your wheels against a curb and it scratched it. Completely my fault, but will you replace it for free for me? Come on, these aren't $100 wheels."

Doesn't that just sound stupid?

Do you know what Vossen might do though if you're honest? Probably the same thing Steve did with me. They might feel bad about your misfortune and sell you 1 new wheel at a highly discounted price.

Accept a little responsibility.

I'm sorry you see me pointing out that you're not being honest, looks like me talking down to you, but I'm not the one trying to talk a company out of a $600 rim.

:beer:

-Brian

6. VETTEHUNTER

VETTEHUNTER No cure for this disease. Established Member

Do you even realize its not my wheel or my thread??

Calling and asking doesn't hurt and you will never change my mind about that. I never told the OP to call Vossen and demand a new wheel because he hit a pot hole.

7. blkGT500nCA

blkGT500nCA Well-Known Member Established Member

I just did, and I'd like to apologize to the OP for ruining his for sale thread.

If you think it's ok to call and ask, then it's your right to suggest that.

Have a good day.

-Brian

8. Svt_Eric

Bump guys, All moved into my new place and could use the money. No room for these anymore, just want to unload them quick. 2100 shipped OBO is the new price, local pickup preferred!

Thanks

9. 2011GT5.0

2011GT5.0 New Member Established Member

Pm sent

10. 2003_lightning

2003_lightning Member Established Member

What's ur bottom line picked up cash price?

11. Svt_Eric

As of a now a sale is pending, I will let you guys know if anything changes!

12. MoneyAMG

MoneyAMG New Member Established Member

Noooooooo