vortech v2 rebuild

Cobragixxer9994

Established Member
Looking at rebuilding my vortech v2. Looking for suggestions on who to buy a rebuild kit from. No i dont want to send iot into vortech because i feel ike this is something i can do myself. So far i have looked at
928motorsports rebuild kit (std kit $320 ceramic $615),jonbond performance rebuild kit(std kit $657 race kit ? which i assume is ceramic $815) and superchargerrebuild rebuild kit(std kit$245 ceramic $395). I have read some stories about superchargerebuilds kits bearings not being what they say they are they are also the cheapest of the 3. You know the saying if its too good to be true then it probably is.
Should i stick with a standard ABEC 7 rebuild kit or go to ceramic hybrid bearings ABEC 7 this is on a street car with drag strip time no track racing.

JGDogg10

Established Member
I sourced my ceramic high speed bearings myself online and then for the low speed bearings and seals. You’ll also need machine type washers to get the correct spacing for the impeller if you end up changing that. I used 928 Motorsports. I also bought a billet impeller from them to install when I did the rebuild. This was a few years ago on my s trim unit, but they were always friendly and everything was shipped quickly with communication through it all. Installed everything and it worked perfectly and I was def impressed with the impeller, boost came in sooner and built an extra couple pounds on the top end. I had a saved bookmark on a complete rebuild and all the bearing part numbers I can look for if you would like. Not sure if I still have it. I’d buy a new seal for the cases as well when doing this.

Cobragixxer9994

Established Member
Thanks omj I have seen that write up all those bearing part numbers are over $700 nowhere pair. If you can find cheaper please let me know where

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

JGDogg10

Established Member
Thanks omj I have seen that write up all those bearing part numbers are over $700 nowhere pair. If you can find cheaper please let me know where

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

These are the high speed bearings I used for my s trim. Should work on a v1 or v2 s or si but if it’s an sc trim I think it’s a different bearing.

skf 7003 cd/p4adga

Pretty sure I paid almost $600 for just those two bearings. They are rated up to 70,000 rpms. I don’t think these are the same bearings any of the companies use to rebuild, but they might be able to upgrade it for you. I think they use a lower speed standard bearing. The low speed doesn’t need to be anything special because the low rpm speed. It’s definitely not a cheap thing to do, but I wanted to spin mine harder and try to get every bit of boost out of it I could. Ended up just selling it and getting a ysi in the end. But it was a fun little unit and felt good to do it all myself.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Cobragixxer9994

Established Member
Thanks jgdogg10 928motorspots claims there premium kit is abec 7 ceramic bearing rated for 72,000 rpm. ill will most likely end up going that route as its $615 for the whole kit 4 bearings and 2 seals. I did purchase the 928 impeller at the startof summer and all i can say is wow. it increased my boost by 1.4 psi. Weird enough i didnt have to shim it at all i was at .003 or so from what i remember all the way around. I am doubting myself now this was my first run at using a feeler gauge. I may run it to a machine shop to have them check it for a second opinon. If im off and i shim it out close to .003 im sure ill gain more boost.

Users who are viewing this thread