vortech v1 boost questions

demain

SVT302BOSS
Established Member
More boost?!

I have a fully built 97 cobra with a 302 bored and stroked to a 324 with a V-1, Comp cams etc etc. I have 42lb injectors and only at 12 psi. Im looking for more power, would anyone recommend it being safe by upping my boost with the injectors only at 42lb? If so how much?

mystickb1996

Established Member
well first off man not to be rude iv started this post awhile back and have had support and hopefully a resolution to my problems soon, that i will conclude here.. i see your new so ill say if you want to get a good response to you question start a new post with your questions.
just to throw in to what you asked. i see your claiming 689whp on 42lbs injectors? that would never be possible and also you made 689 on 12 psi with a v1??? wow i need your tuner, and engine builder..

SVTPete83

Established Member
yeah its an older v1 with the strait cut gears (the louder one) are you saying these dont produce as much boost as the newer ones? i should have the new bypass on by this weekend im just trying to find someone to weld a flange on for me.. blownstang you know anyone in the chicago area that can weld something like this up? im new to the city, i see your from chitown

Yep. Mine is absolutely maxed out at 14psi and 520rwhp. Gonna upgrade next winter. I need more power!!

demain

SVT302BOSS
Established Member
correction im at 15psi not 12, my bad. And yes i have dyno sheets proving the specs. Its a complete rebuild from a 302 boss block stoked to a 324, everything in engine is new except for the heads. I apologize for offending your post.

mystickb1996

Established Member
No it's all good man, just if you want people opinions and help, posting your own will net better results.. No worries man.. And what size pulley you running to make 15psi? 520whp is good, I'm thinking of getting it tuned again when I have this all straitend put.. Kergan is gunna be in Chicago in July and thinking I'm gunna have him tune it and see what I can get..

Attaus

Established Member
When I was curious about belt slip, I got a white laundry type marker that will write on anything. I used it to draw a line across the belt and on the s/c pulley. Also did it on the alternator pulley. It's not an exact science but when I checked it after a hard pull, there were nowhere near lined up. This may not be an exact diagnosis tool but from what I've read, with most s/c setup's there's some belt slip. I think it's bad when the belt basically spins faster on the s/c pulley than the pulley wants to spin. That's probably where the dust shows up. Since I've replaced my idler pulley and went to a good, Made in America 115" belt, my white marks usually stay close to where I originally lined them up. And I make 10 lbs. on a hard, high RPM pull. And I'm running a 10 year old V1 on my 1998 Cobra.

facepalm

That will not tell you a damn thing.

OP, check for boost leaks and if you still have IMRC's check those also. I bought a car already built by AMP and when I tore it apart, because they put .015" milled warped heads on a $5000 block, they zip tied the IMRC's open and one was missing. I had similar concerns with my V1 and I'm 99% sure that would have been the fix. Also the bypass they give you is junk.

Users who are viewing this thread