Vortech T-trim/ysi Trim?

anex01

Established Member
CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE HP WISE.BETWEEN THE T-TRIM VS THE YSI TRIM?I HAVE A S-TRIM NOW WITH A 2.65 PULLEY 6 RIB.8 RIB SETUP ON THE WAY.I HAVE A FULL BUILT MOTOR WITH LOW CR.WILL A T-TRIM GET ME IN THE HIGH 600HP RANGE AT HIGH ALTITUDE?WHAT HP # ARE PEOPLE GETTING WITH A T-TRIM/YSI TRIM? ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT..:idea:

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
your make more power with a ysi. I know if i ever up grade from my s-trim it will be to a ysi.and i fill your pain with elevation being at 5500' my self:beer:

BLWN32V

Established Member
don't leave the JT trim out of the picture. That is what I have. Perfect for the street/strip. 20 pounds of boost made 668rwhp. It is bigger than the T trim and smaller than the YSi. I have my kit up for sale if you are interested.

-Josh

anex01

Established Member
Jt -trim

I Know U Can Go From A S-trim To A T-trim With The Same Housing Can U Do The Same To A Jt Trim?can't U Get 20# Boost Out Of A T-trim?

tjs98gt

Established Member
the ysi fits in the same bracket as a t-trim. im gunna try to get more power out of my t-trim since im still non intercooled and relatively low boost before i step up to the ysi. but the ysi is def my next supercharger upgrade

BLWN32V

Established Member
I Know U Can Go From A S-trim To A T-trim With The Same Housing Can U Do The Same To A Jt Trim?can't U Get 20# Boost Out Of A T-trim?

The JT trim uses the same housing as the Ysi I believe. It is sure alot bigger than a t or s trim. Yes, you can get 20# of boost out of a t trim. I just wanted a bigger blower.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I ran the YS on one of my 93 5.0s and man the mid to top end charge just explodes! Very fun but you better have the tune, traction and bottom end. Completely streetable for a DD. I never came close to its potential though. Ran it around 14psi.

BLWN32V

Established Member
So What Do U Think The Best Route To Go To Get 675hp Is The T-trim,jt ,or The Ysi Trim?

All three of those blowers are capable of making that kind of power. The JT or YSi will do it more effeciently though. The only problem with these larger blowers is that they need to be spun HARD! You will need at least a 10% overdrive crank pulley plus a 2.90 or smaller pulley to make that kind of power.

anex01

Established Member
I Just Upgraded To The 8 Rib Setup On My S-trim With Rr 2.65 Pulley.going To Get Re Tuned Tuesday.do U Think If I Just Swapped The S For The T-trim I Would Make The Power I Want With This Set Up?

anex01

Established Member
Well Not Sure What Crank Pullet Comes With The Gi Joe Kit,but I Have A Rr 2.65 Up Top On My S-trim.

tjs98gt

Established Member
u guys getting a lot belt slip with the smaller pulleys? im running a 3.12 up top and just added a 10% overdrive. getting retuned and converted to blow through next week.

anex01

Established Member
I Did Get Belt Slip,but With The New Setup I Hope Not I Hope To See 14-16# Boost Before I Only Had 10.5#

04YellowGT

Established Member
I just upgraded from a SQ-Trim with a 2.75 pulley to a T-Trim and with the same pulley it should be making right at 20psi with mods in sig. I looked into the JT Trim, and Vortech and even tuners told me that you really have to spin that blower to get the full effect of it. They told me for a street/strip car the T-Trim is the perfect setup, the ysi and JT more of "race" a blower.

With the 2.75 pulley on the SQ trim my car really came alive at 3250-3500rpms where now the car becomes absolute beast at about 3750rpms. The cars getting tuned at PHP and he said the car is just nuts after 3750. I should have numbers hopefuly on Monday.

anex01

Established Member
I just upgraded from a SQ-Trim with a 2.75 pulley to a T-Trim and with the same pulley it should be making right at 20psi with mods in sig. I looked into the JT Trim, and Vortech and even tuners told me that you really have to spin that blower to get the full effect of it. They told me for a street/strip car the T-Trim is the perfect setup, the ysi and JT more of "race" a blower.

With the 2.75 pulley on the SQ trim my car really came alive at 3250-3500rpms where now the car becomes absolute beast at about 3750rpms. The cars getting tuned at PHP and he said the car is just nuts after 3750. I should have numbers hopefuly on Monday.
wuz wondering if your new numbers were in?that's the same blower i might get so wondering how much hp u can make with the t-trim.

Users who are viewing this thread