Vortech Supercharger

Doctor Bob

Established Member
Dear GR8White,

I recently had my 2001 Cobra with Vortech dyno'd. The shop I used stated that whatever Vortech did to my chip it caused dump of large amount of fuel @high rpm. He reprogramed various parameters and improved the situation but could not totally resolve. He did however improve rear wheel horsepower from 350 to 394 and torque 352 to 378.

Just thought others with Vortech would like to know.

Thank You,

Doctor Bob:coolman:

Doctor Bob

Established Member
Hey BadBud-you are right on-was Powertrain Dynamics. Steve seemed to know what he was doing and nice guy. How did you know? Been to his shop yourself?

Catch You Later,

Bob:beer:

BadBud

Established Member
Originally posted by Doctor Bob
Hey BadBud-you are right on-was Powertrain Dynamics. Steve seemed to know what he was doing and nice guy. How did you know? Been to his shop yourself?

Catch You Later,

Bob:beer:
Hi Bob,

Just a WAG, your're in HB, they're in HB. :)

But seriously, there are just no tuners in SD, so I have been going up North. I hear that PD can make great power, but I have not dealt with them directly.

I want to go with the Paxton Novi 1000 kit, for the 01 Cobra. Just a conservative tune, not looking for big gains. I would be very happy with +100rwhp.

I want to add 4.10 gears, 17x9 wheels, 275/40-17 tires and a SPEC II (III?) clutch and TOB first. So I have set the countdown for early next year for blast-off time!

/bud

Last edited:

Doctor Bob

Established Member
Bud-sounds like great plans for your Cobra. Steve doesn't answer phone as he is usually working on dyno or cars but will call you back. If you want it his phone # is 714-373-0068.

Good Luck!

Bob

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by Doctor Bob
Dear GR8White,

I recently had my 2001 Cobra with Vortech dyno'd. The shop I used stated that whatever Vortech did to my chip it caused dump of large amount of fuel @high rpm. He reprogramed various parameters and improved the situation but could not totally resolve. He did however improve rear wheel horsepower from 350 to 394 and torque 352 to 378.

Just thought others with Vortech would like to know.

Thank You,

Doctor Bob:coolman:

My Vortech chip did the same thing. The tune is really conservative. Which that is good for somebody selling mass quantities of performance parts. Negates the lawsuit factor.

Have you done any exhaust work yet? I had FRPP ceramic coated shorties, Basanni X with cats and MSD DIS-4 making 420's HP and 400's TQ. I'm betting with a better exhaust you'll surpass that easily.

Those are some very good gains from a respected shop! :thumbsup:

Doctor Bob

Established Member
Dear GR8WHITE,

That exhaust issue will have to be visited. One of things I am planning to do next week is add Differential cross brace an on the 2003 Cobra-told by SVT and dealer that is bolt-on compatible. Should help with better hook-up.

Thanks For Your Help,

Bob :lol:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Bob your numbers do sound low, especially for your having a newer Cobra. I dynoed 287 rwhp & 285 rwtq w/Bassani Cat. X, 2 chamber flows, gutted maf. Then with the addition of the Vortech I went to 411 and 378 respectively and that was with the kit chip.

Users who are viewing this thread