Vortech Supercharger for 2011 5.0... pics...

Driver72

Established Member
Vortech uses centrifugal correct?
Isn't the twin screw like Whipple a superior platform for power and response?

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
supercharging is supercharging. just ask outlaws running YSi centri's. set your car up for whatever type you prefer. the engame is the same. i believe a centri is the way to go with a 5.0. or a turbo. posi's are gonna be limited at low end. lots of low end boost and 11:1 is bad news.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
Vortech uses centrifugal correct?
Isn't the twin screw like Whipple a superior platform for power and response?

A V3 behind a stalled auto would be a very formidable street/strip machine.

Last edited:

csledd

DSG!!
Established Member
I've read that centri might be better if you're going to keep the compression stock.

I am definitely waiting awhile because considering a kit, need to let some others blow some stuff up first :)

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Looks like vortech slowly copies procharger over time. First came the self contained(lubricated)v-3 head unit and now the front mount air to air intercooler. Anybody else notice this? I'm not bias to either one it just seems like lately vortech is using more and more of the same technology that procharger has been using for years.

wjk

Established Member
Looks like vortech slowly copies procharger over time. First came the self contained(lubricated)v-3 head unit and now the front mount air to air intercooler. Anybody else notice this? I'm not bias to either one it just seems like lately vortech is using more and more of the same technology that procharger has been using for years.

That is true, but I've also noticed they've entered the realm of twin screws.. Which I think is better anyways. Hopefully we'll start seeing some twin screw 5.0s, like the 2011 GT350.

Users who are viewing this thread