Vortech on 01 Cobra questions

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
I've posted here before about wanting an intercooler with my setup so I apologize if this seems redundant.

I have a Vortech V-2 on my 01 Cobra but it does not have an intercooler. I want one, but is it a must have? I know back when this supercharger was purchased that Vortech said an intercooler was not essential with this kit. I want an intercooler but don't really want to pay $2,000 plus for one. Is it true that paxton makes one that will fit up to my Vortech V-2? Are these easy to come by on the "2nd Hand Market"? A good used one is really what I'm looking for. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

scotts99snake

Established Member
I don't know much about the Vortech but I don't see any reason why you couldn't use a paxton intercooler or any other intercooler for that matter. I would want to use one if I were you. Lower IAT's, more timing, less chance of detonation. A used intercooler would be fine.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
SuperchargersOnline.com :: Home :: Superchargers and supercharger accessories by Vortech, Paxton, Whipple, ProCharger and much more! has them for like 1400. they are almost a direct fit with a few alterations. I know a lot of people have made their own. I'm waiting for my performance shop to fab one. their not crazy about the paxton because of the size of the intercooler. as far as finding a used one, you would find a used vortech aftercooler easier and cheaper than the paxton intercooler. used vortech aftercoolers usually run between 500-600

Users who are viewing this thread