Vortech/KB single bolt tensioner spacer for 8ribs?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m not above figuring it out and sending that pulley back

So here are the parts including the $20 idler they sell for $55...

IMG_2272.JPG
IMG_2275.JPG
IMG_2274.JPG
IMG_2259.JPG
IMG_2260.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
well got everything on and thought Id put a brand new K081092HD belt on (3.5 blower, 10% od crank), had to put it on over the water pump (lip had been removed previously) because it wont clear the alternator.

The tensioner is standing almost straight up and the belt is so close to the housing i can slide a post it note between the two, not sure if the tensioner will end up moving back toward the driver side of the engine bay or not, if it does it will run for sure. I swear if it's not one thing it's another. I guess Ill see if I can get the K081099HD belt back from friend to see if it fits.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I guess this is a combo 8rib/my blower setup thread now. Dad came over for a few, had him start the car so I could watch the belt/tensioner. Once it put a load on the tensioner there’s now a clear gap between the two. I cracked the throttle pretty hard and belt still didn’t hit when I let up... if I can get some dry pavement I’ll try to make a hit soon

jaxbusa

Established Member
Question to single bolt tensioner Vortech owners: Were you able to just use washers to move the head unit from the bracket or did you have to space the bracket from the timing cover?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Question to single bolt tensioner Vortech owners: Were you able to just use washers to move the head unit from the bracket or did you have to space the bracket from the timing cover?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

If you click the link earlier in this thread it tells you how vortech has you space everything in their 8 rib kit

Users who are viewing this thread