Vortech JT-B vs YSi

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
So looking at the new JT-B and the original YSi, which would be a better “Street Car” blower?

I know the JT-B has the 3.56” Billet wheel vs 3.7” cast YSi.

Both have a 3.45:1 Step Up

JT-B max speed is 65000rpm vs 66000 for YSi.

Housings are the same.

I know the YSi flows 1600cfm and is 78% thermal efficient. However I cannot find any of this information on the JT-B. It seems to be hush hush.

Anyone privy to some information or have thoughts?

Sent from your mom’s sex drawer using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
So, I was told that the JT-B should flow about 1650cfm.

Vortech says the Billet wheel provides a slight increase in the midrange of the blower but does not fall off making it really shine up top.

So, what say ye?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
@beefcake

^^Terry will have the answer to these questions. Call or text his cell.. he's quick to respond and happy to help.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
I know Terry has been quite successful with the JT-B on the Coyote. All I read is that the Billet wheel shines up too. I know a YSi-B would not be good for my setup.

The question becomes will the YSi give me more midrange than the JT-B or does the smaller inducer on the JT-B help make it shine all over the range than that of the YSi.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I’d like some insight too. The JT I bought off his car is maxed on mine at 16psi. I can grab a JT-b for cheap. But figured I should wait for a ysi-b

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
I’d like some insight too. The JT I bought off his car is maxed on mine at 16psi. I can grab a JT-b for cheap. But figured I should wait for a ysi-b

Your car, I would bet that they would recommend the YSi-B. You are spinning it to 8500rpm. I am only spinning to 7500.

I think you are a prime candidate for the YSi-B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
8500 is the limiter though likely see 8k though. I could move the limiter higher though

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
I think you would benefit, without a doubt, from the YSi-B. There was a test of a JT vs a YSi-B. They were still climbing with the JT so when they switched to the YSi-B they were not spinning it hard enough.

For my build I think it will be a close call on the YSi vs JT-B. I want a blower to pull to redline and have it just start to fall off at redline.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
A good enough deal and I would probably. It needs to be worth sending out for the Billet upgrade and powdercoated Black.

milktasd2

Established Member
Can’t upgrade standard JT blower because the JT-B uses a bigger shaft. At least that’s a what vortech told me when I asked about upgrading mine.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I mean I don’t think I’ll have any issue selling it. Right now it makes plenty of power to go deep 9s. And there are a few things I’m gonna try like ditching the custom powerpipe. Even though that thing is not restrictive at all lol. Still might pulley it down just for shits and giggles

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
I am between the YSi and the JT-B. It will be whichever people smarter than me think is the best for my setup.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
What’s your power goals. The ysi is a big blower that was the standard for years from Vortech. I honestly think the JT-b will serve you well into the 1000rwho range

What’s your engine combo etc etc

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Plan is std bore Teksid, Racetech flat tops, custom cams, Fox Lake Stage 3 03 Heads, PSR 01 Intake, E85 BBR setup, 1 7/8 to 3” all the way back, T56 Magnum 2.97 1-4 but .8 5th and .63 6th. Wavering on IRS or SRA but either 3.55 or 3.73s.

Spin to 7500.

It will need to be faster than my 9.7:1, Crower 62822 Cams, touches up heads, MAC LTs, T56, TVS 2.3 w/3” pulley, 3.55 gears, on 93 octane convertible.

Lol

So I guess 750+. I don’t want it to be just a top end puller.

Last edited:

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
If there is very little difference in what I will make at any given RPM between the JT-B and YSi I will go YSi as it is $300 cheaper.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread