vortech is in!!!! WOW!!!!

99SVTcobraVERT

i have a blower with a little bit of history. the head unit was actually swaped with THE original test car that had the first vortech kit out for the 99+ cobra's. the test car was a 99 white saleen cobra coupe the blower only had a few thousand miles on it. but anyways he built his motor all to hell and was sending back his head unit to be made into a t trim so he said it didnt matter what he sent back so he took my v1 e trim (loud one) and gave me his prototype V-2 SC-SQ trim. anywho, the install took only 6 hours or so and with just 42lb injectors and some chip that came with my kit (not even designed for the sc trim,was tuned for e trim) it had not much timing and a/f went off charts below 10:1 at 2k rpm and didnt come back up to 10:1 till 7k rpm when we shut it down. on first program it made 430rwhp and 2nd it made 460rwhp. my chip guy is going to custom tune it on dyno monday i am expecting 500rwhp. oh yeah it only made 10psi by 7k rpm... my only mods are ford racing catback and bassani high flow x pipe. here are some pics of install and finished work with new saleens and lowering springs...

DSC01787.JPG

DSC01788.JPG

DSC01790.JPG

DSC01796.JPG

DSC01795.JPG

here are pics of the new rims/tires and springs

DSC01791.JPG

here is a pic of the lunar electronic fuel pressure and boost gauge

image11.html

so what do you guys think!!????:burnout: :rolling:

99SVTcobraVERT

p.s.

for some reason last pic wont load, but just click on pics in bottom of my sig and you can see a pic of them! also was SAE corrected on new dynojet and it was 458rwhp actually but it takes away a few rwhp when you have them smooth the lines on the dyno chart. i think it made 461rwhp in real numbers. but they said with it being as rich as it is etc etc that 500rwhp shouldnt be a problem. ill be happy with 480's-490's. all this w/o a cooler....headers...or intake work!

TruckerPhoenix

Established Member
jesus that's a beautiful car. And amazing numbers at that! Congrats! Now get some stickies on her and take it to the track and see what she'll do!

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Hey Rob. Very good numbers. Car looks really good. What did you do with your 2003 wheels?

Last edited:

99SVTcobraVERT

i sold them to a buddy. picked these up from my new boss. also i now work for carolina performance racing don. we are direct dist. after buying in for bassani,borla,steeda,ford motorsport,vortech,bbk,pro 5.0,autometer,pro charger,paxton,and also carry bbk,mac,saleen,msd,roush,kenny belle,we have tire mounting and balancing machine,going to be doing mandrel bending soon,and have several lifts but we do performance parts.

Users who are viewing this thread