Vortech installed

audia4mike

Suckin Gas Haulin Ass
Established Member
Well today was great. Strictly Performance of Houston installed and tuned my Vortech supercharger for me. They gave me great service and alot of recomendations. And most importantly great install and numbers. I highly recommend anyone with a Mustang in Texas to visit this shop.

This is a 2003 Mustang GT 5 speed. All i have now is ofcourse the supercharger, Catless H pipe, and Cat-Back system. I also did the rear seat delete kit and trunk gutted, and 1 racing seat . I weighed in at 3180 with a half tank of gas...Not bad...

I put down 350whp with just a few runs. I plan on adding a smaller pulley as well as some race gas next week and see wut happens.

DSC01984.gif

DSC01985.jpg

DSC01982.jpg

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
You live in kingwood correct? I live right off of Timber Forest, I'll have to keep an eye out for your car. :beer:

BM1

Established Member
audia4mike said:
no intercooler because i have a 160* thermastat. no need for it yet.

You'd make more power with a cooler charge. Your thermostat doesn't do shit for air charge temperatures.

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
audia4mike said:
Well today was great. Strictly Performance of Houston installed and tuned my Vortech supercharger for me. They gave me great service and alot of recomendations. And most importantly great install and numbers. I highly recommend anyone with a Mustang in Texas to visit this shop.

This is a 2003 Mustang GT 5 speed. All i have now is ofcourse the supercharger, Catless H pipe, and Cat-Back system. I also did the rear seat delete kit and trunk gutted, and 1 racing seat . I weighed in at 3180 with a half tank of gas...Not bad...

I put down 350whp with just a few runs. I plan on adding a smaller pulley as well as some race gas next week and see wut happens.

DSC01984.gif

DSC01985.jpg

DSC01982.jpg

Call me old fashion, but if I get anything for my car, I install it myself. That's the best part is getting your hands dirty, and seeing what you created. It looks to be a monster, but word to the wise get a after\intercooler, it will help you. Will allow you to run more boost, and get a colder densier intake charge, and get more power out of the system, and helps with heat soak, and rising air intake temps. Cool car, now for a test ride vid!!! :-D :burnout:

key

Established Member
I had no idea you could get a GT to weigh less than 3200 pounds with those small weight reduction modifications.

justav6

BRING IT<DONT SING IT
Established Member
audia4mike said:
no intercooler because i have a 160* thermastat. no need for it yet.
So it's that what the guys at strictly told ya? :pop: :pop: :poke: :eek: :kaboom: :kaboom:

justav6

BRING IT<DONT SING IT
Established Member
Black Mach 1 said:
You'd make more power with a cooler charge. Your thermostat doesn't do shit for air charge temperatures.
Cpould'nt have said it better. :beer:

justav6

BRING IT<DONT SING IT
Established Member
audia4mike said:

DSC01984.gif

DSC01985.jpg

DSC01982.jpg
I could of installed this thing for you at no problem..strictly rapes you in every way they can.......

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
Just curious but did you go to Slater's to check out their service?

Good looking car, I bet it runs good

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Go somewhere else. I'm telling you right now. GO GET IT TUNED SOMEWHERE ELSE. I took my car there to be tuned, blew up 5 months later. Don't trust those guys in anything they tell you. They told me that they couldn't tune 50lb injectors for a daily driver. They wanted me to drive in 4th gear on the highway. :dw: :rollseyes Those guys overcharge you, are plain idiots, and it will come back to haunt you. Mark my words man. Go somewhere else and get it retuned. I took them when I first got my built motor (stupid me for going back after them blowing the first engine up) and I let them tune it only because I knew nobody else. They made 500rwhp on my car and it was SHIT for a daily driver which my car is. I went to Murillo Motorsports in San Antonio and made 600rwhp+ and there is still more power to be made since my injectors are maxed out. So in total I have more power, better gas mileage, and my car drives like it's stock. Something Strictly can't do at all. They tune for their maximum power :rollseyes (which was 100rwhp less than Murillo) and that's it. They have no idea that they really can't tune for shit. Go somewhere else man. I'm trying to save you from what I had to go through. But if you have money to waste by all means go to them and listen to their "advice and words of wisdom" otherwise known as Bullshit.

justav6

BRING IT<DONT SING IT
Established Member
SQ Stang said:
Go somewhere else. I'm telling you right now. GO GET IT TUNED SOMEWHERE ELSE. I took my car there to be tuned, blew up 5 months later. Don't trust those guys in anything they tell you. They told me that they couldn't tune 50lb injectors for a daily driver. They wanted me to drive in 4th gear on the highway. :dw: :rollseyes Those guys overcharge you, are plain idiots, and it will come back to haunt you. Mark my words man. Go somewhere else and get it retuned. I took them when I first got my built motor (stupid me for going back after them blowing the first engine up) and I let them tune it only because I knew nobody else. They made 500rwhp on my car and it was SHIT for a daily driver which my car is. I went to Murillo Motorsports in San Antonio and made 600rwhp+ and there is still more power to be made since my injectors are maxed out. So in total I have more power, better gas mileage, and my car drives like it's stock. Something Strictly can't do at all. They tune for their maximum power :rollseyes (which was 100rwhp less than Murillo) and that's it. They have no idea that they really can't tune for shit. Go somewhere else man. I'm trying to save you from what I had to go through. But if you have money to waste by all means go to them and listen to their "advice and words of wisdom" otherwise known as Bullshit.

""""Quote:
Originally Posted by audia4mike
no intercooler because i have a 160* thermastat. no need for it yet."""""

:loser: I bet that was one of them, :bash: hence: i dont trust stritcly for shit.

audia4mike

Suckin Gas Haulin Ass
Established Member
DDogsrt461BLK said:
Call me old fashion, but if I get anything for my car, I install it myself. That's the best part is getting your hands dirty, and seeing what you created. It looks to be a monster, but word to the wise get a after\intercooler, it will help you. Will allow you to run more boost, and get a colder densier intake charge, and get more power out of the system, and helps with heat soak, and rising air intake temps. Cool car, now for a test ride vid!!! :-D :burnout:

Im a mechanic so the last thing i wanna do when i go home is work on my car. Yes i know i need an intercooler. but theres a thing called budget and thats why i put the 160* thermastat in there temporaily till i can afford that the damn intercooler.

audia4mike

Suckin Gas Haulin Ass
Established Member
justav6 said:
So it's that what the guys at strictly told ya? :pop: :pop: :poke: :eek: :kaboom: :kaboom:

Good one :kaboom: I told them everything i wanted on the car they just installed it. Im on a budget so the intercooler will be here in a few weeks.

audia4mike

Suckin Gas Haulin Ass
Established Member
key said:
I had no idea you could get a GT to weigh less than 3200 pounds with those small weight reduction modifications.

This is with a half tank of gas and only 1 racing seat. I also have eveyrthing behind my seat gutted.

Users who are viewing this thread