Vortech blower kit - your opinions

RusWolf

Established Member
I thought you said that it was leaking from a factory piece that was damaged when we spoke?

Yes that was the first spotted leak. I replaced that factory pieace with a new one.
After i put coolant in again and pressurised the system it started leaking from the upper radiator hose. I took it off and re-clamped everything and tighted it again.
Installed ans pressurised the system everything was great for about 20 minutes. Then i noticed slight dripping. But temps were dine so it was very minimal. I tool the car home and next morning took it to work. Everything was fine. After duty day was over, i barely made out of the gate, look at the temp gauhe and it was almost baried all the way to the right! I stopped and all my coolant leaked out. That was the same day when i spoke to you about abnormal sound and called paxton. Remember when we suspected my blower was defective but it was fro
Disconnected charge pipe right under BPV. After i connected the pipe back in and started the car it sounded normal again.

So now that leak is the only issue. I don't know if it can be fixed with the hose i already have. I'm thinking maybe i should get different clamps that will hold better than warm clamps? Something t-style clamps should be tighter right ?

98ss88mm

Established Member
I just ordered a T trim kit, 10psi and methanol looking to make 620-640. Seemed like the best blower kit to me. Procharger has the direct drive 8 rib but WAY too expensive imo and i've never been impressed by their older stuff.

The one procharger kit ive seen in person was equally as hacked as far as the bumper goes, so dont let anyone act like you dont have to trim those either.

No real thoughts on the paxton kit, just wanted a vortech unit that was loud and made the power so I went v1 t trim.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I just ordered a T trim kit, 10psi and methanol looking to make 620-640. Seemed like the best blower kit to me. Procharger has the direct drive 8 rib but WAY too expensive imo and i've never been impressed by their older stuff.

The one procharger kit ive seen in person was equally as hacked as far as the bumper goes, so dont let anyone act like you dont have to trim those either.

No real thoughts on the paxton kit, just wanted a vortech unit that was loud and made the power so I went v1 t trim.

should have no problems getting a 10 with that thing

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Yes that was the first spotted leak. I replaced that factory pieace with a new one.
After i put coolant in again and pressurised the system it started leaking from the upper radiator hose. I took it off and re-clamped everything and tighted it again.
Installed ans pressurised the system everything was great for about 20 minutes. Then i noticed slight dripping. But temps were dine so it was very minimal. I tool the car home and next morning took it to work. Everything was fine. After duty day was over, i barely made out of the gate, look at the temp gauhe and it was almost baried all the way to the right! I stopped and all my coolant leaked out. That was the same day when i spoke to you about abnormal sound and called paxton. Remember when we suspected my blower was defective but it was fro
Disconnected charge pipe right under BPV. After i connected the pipe back in and started the car it sounded normal again.

So now that leak is the only issue. I don't know if it can be fixed with the hose i already have. I'm thinking maybe i should get different clamps that will hold better than warm clamps? Something t-style clamps should be tighter right ?

Exactly the reason i'm paying a professional to install mine.

98ss88mm

Established Member
Booooom!!!!!!!!!

431040_10150683357786329_680206328_11450114_1996513982_n.jpg

98ss88mm

Established Member
Beefcake... the guy at vortech mentioned you, said you ran the v2 t trim at the start. Do you have any good videos that show the idle noise?

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
I installed the Novi 2k on my 04 and thought that it was pretty easy. All you have to do is be patient and read, re-read the instructions before you proceed with something that you aren't sure about it. I'm positive the 05-12 kit is very similar, except for the bumper cover trimming part. If by the time I get my car paid off the prices of the tvs based chargers aren't down, I'm going with the Novi 22K. Can't go wrong with it!

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Beefcake... the guy at vortech mentioned you, said you ran the v2 t trim at the start. Do you have any good videos that show the idle noise?

this is from when we first started the engine with the built short block

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA9P8MsR2XQ&list=UUB_kxREKyR6zAxQ25l7pMSw&index=15&feature=plcp"]2011 Built Shortblock Coyote First Startup - YouTube[/nomedia]

RusWolf

Established Member
Finally got my issues sorted out today and was able to drive the car home!
The car feels absolutely INSANE even on Paxton's tune which is not perfect but safe.
If you floor it in 3rd gear the literally starts spinning out and goes sideways ! The sound is awesome and it's NOT loud at all, which means that Paxton uses helical gears standard as opposed to PC where it's an option.

Somehow i managed to puncture a hole in my radiator and that had to be replaced. Also had to replace my belt so it would not squeak from all the coolant on it.
Unfortunately all the money i saved on installation i pretty much wasted to a shop to replace radiator and remove the blower and correct 3 spacers that were in the wrong place. Anyway at least everything is sorted out and now the only thing i have to do is get those injectors that Shaun wants me to get and then drive to Cali and get tuned at AED with Boss IM and 7300 RPM redline ! I'm sure after his tune with BOSS and JLT intake the car will be even more insane and will run 10's with good tires !

Users who are viewing this thread